FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eclipse (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12218)

aero320 08-20-2017 05:48 PM

Eclipse

How many of you plan on fishing through the eclipse?

Alphahawk 08-20-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero320 (Post 79403)
How many of you plan on fishing through the eclipse?

I was going to but thought it might be super crowded at the two places I was wanting to go to. Sounds like it will be a zoo on the roads tomorrow.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

creeksmallie 08-20-2017 08:00 PM

Headed to Center Hill. Yaks are loaded. 2 dozen live crawdads. And an Xrap tied on.

tkwalker 08-21-2017 08:30 AM

The ZOO !! <'TK><

I drove back from Rock Hall, Maryland yesterday and the roads were a zoo... Not to bad going through Washington at 5:00 AM in the morning which is always a zoo whether your driving or not. But I-64, I-81, and I-40 was a mess for people heading to Tennessee. You would be running 75 MPH one minute then come to a complete stop for no apparent reason?. Then take off again. The rest stops was more like a carnival ... Literally hundreds of people and the men's restroom had lines coming out of the door to the street. And lines of cars backed up on the entrance ramp to find parking ... All for 2.5 minutes of Darkness ...

notorious 08-21-2017 08:55 AM

LOL, don't go to Kroger...funny talking people with bad manners acting like complete idiots before a snow storm.

spottedbass 08-21-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 79409)
LOL, don't go to Kroger...funny talking people with bad manners acting like complete idiots before a snow storm.

I always do my Kroger grocery run on Sunday afternoon. I went yesterday and it was no different than any other Sunday except for the one Japanese couple that were speaking Japanese. Traffic this morning into Nashville was a breeze. I wish the traffic into Nashville was like this everyday!!

TNBronzeback 08-21-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottedbass (Post 79410)
I always do my Kroger grocery run on Sunday afternoon. I went yesterday and it was no different than any other Sunday except for the one Japanese couple that were speaking Japanese. Traffic this morning into Nashville was a breeze. I wish the traffic into Nashville was like this everyday!!

Amen to that! getting on 440 from mt. Juliet didnt have to hit my brakes one time. Loving it! ofcourse im sure leaving tonight will be gridlock! lol

tkwalker 08-21-2017 11:17 AM

Mmmmmm .. <'TK><

Sounds like Total Lunarcy !! ;)

notorious 08-21-2017 12:14 PM

Guess its just on this side of the river...on another note, I only had 11 show up for work today out of 150+, ended up calling the job...anyone with any sense stayed home.

XxthejuicexX 08-21-2017 01:55 PM

That was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Prefect weather here at the office.

SAMBOLIE 08-21-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 79416)
That was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Prefect weather here at the office.

You have been in the dark for so long I am surprised you noticed the eclipse.

Texas_Rig 08-21-2017 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That was really cool. I fished JPP this morning. I left around 1130 because the heat was bad and there were just as much boat traffic as a holiday weekend. I didn't want to leave as the bass bite had just started getting good around 1030. On a side not it was awesome how the heat and humidity just disappeared for that 15 minutes or so during the eclipse. Hope all you guys got to see it bc I wasn't personally excited about watching it but my dad was very excited. I got to his shop around 1245 and the next hour spent watching the eclipse with him just made my day and his.

notorious 08-21-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 79418)
That was really cool.

I can finally say I have experienced the "Dark Side of the Moon...the Great Gig in the Sky" , if any of you guys know what I mean.

TroutFiend 08-21-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 79421)
I can finally say I have experienced the "Dark Side of the Moon...the Great Gig in the Sky" , if any of you guys know what I mean.

👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota 08-21-2017 05:32 PM

Someone called into 104.5 radio who was on the water and said the stripers/hybrids started busted at the surface right at totality. Not sure what lake he was on, guessing JPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk