FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   9/9/11 old hick (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12880)

skillet 09-12-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 84021)
Way to go Skillet. I'm starting to get a little OH itch. I think I'm gonna spend the next couple of weeks to see what I can grind out. The weather is supposed to be much nicer for the foreseeable future and I can actually fish in some daylight hours.

Really hoping for good conditions Saturday and Sunday. We have our club fishoff and it’s a two day deal. I’ve been praying every day and night to let the good lord shine some light on this dogs ass and catch some fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckystratos 09-12-2018 03:23 PM

Old hickory sure can/usually is pretty stingy this time of year. Wish I could be some help to you. After early morning buzz bait I would prolly be throwing big worm or shakey head. Good luck to you Skillet.

agelesssone 09-12-2018 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 84028)
The TWRA agent just couldn’t believe out of the 10-20 boats in the area, that WE were the only ones to not have a fish in the well. He proceeded to let us know how bad of fishermen we were and that maybe we should get a new hobby.

But we were trolling and holding our rods with our hands and only had one rod a piece, unlike all the other boats that were pulling boards and had multiple rods out. Either way, we managed to catch a few. And I caught my personal best striper. Wasn’t a great big one but around 10-12lbs!!!

And when I gently reminded him that I had just released #28, this is the response see I got...tsk tsk

Halli 09-12-2018 06:34 PM

You need some gojo!!!

And a UT hat!

FishAddict 09-12-2018 07:43 PM

I fished mid lake Sat AM for a few hours and for me was pretty dead, 3 fish only 1 keeper. Cant wait for some cooler water...

skillet 09-13-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 84033)
You need some gojo!!!

And a UT hat!

Gojo sucks, those ain’t my hands anyways. And I’ll NEVER wear a UT 🤢🤮 hat. You better hope I don’t see your truck and trailer at the river....it’ll have a Bama sticker on it when you get back!!! 😂😂😂

skillet 09-13-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystratos (Post 84031)
Old hickory sure can/usually is pretty stingy this time of year. Wish I could be some help to you. After early morning buzz bait I would prolly be throwing big worm or shakey head. Good luck to you Skillet.

Shakey head has been a big producer for me this year. If it don’t, then the neko usually will. But as of late, it seems that bite has fallen off. The jig bite picked up for me though, which was a shocker. I’m ready to get after it this weekend.

Honestly, I’ll be glad this tournament season will be over, I’m ready to focus on some crappie or sauger or something different. I love bass fishing but this last 2 months has been hell.

TNBronzeback 09-15-2018 11:15 PM

Thanks guys....i ALMOST forgot about the day i got laughed at by the TWRA guy for not catching anything. It was not a good feeling to. Lol. The surprise on his face was torture enough! lol.
"you guys SURE you havent caught anything? Everybody else out here has"
I offered to let him board the boat and see for himself. Sad, sad day.
But, my man Skillet did catch his PB striper so that was cool.