FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   no new OH activity?? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13652)

coveman 09-09-2020 10:57 AM

no new OH activity??

just wondering... Also, was there a tournament out of Sanders Ferry park Sunday? Trucks and trailers were jam packed in the lot and grass.

dickenscpa 09-09-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coveman (Post 88151)
just wondering... Also, was there a tournament out of Sanders Ferry park Sunday? Trucks and trailers were jam packed in the lot and grass.

Not sure if there were tournaments or the result of a holiday weekend. I loaded my wife and two kid's kayaks on my trailer and we were going out Sunday afternoon.

We went to Long Hunter first and there was a sign blocking the ramp and said do not enter it was full. We tried Fate Sanders and all the way to Stones River and everything in between. I even found a few ramps in between I didn't even really know about. Like Lamar Hill, etc.

I had just repacked my bearings on the trailer. We drove 90 miles out and a lot of it interstate and had to drive back pretty much non stop so it allowed me to put a temp gun on them and they were fine.

Did all that driving and never got the kayaks wet and wound up eating Mexican 9.6 miles from the house. LOL!

oldhick 09-09-2020 12:06 PM

Take Sept off and you won't have any regrets. I'd say the slowest month on OHL. You can catch some, but it's a challenge. Will start picking up early Oct in the shallows...

coveman 09-09-2020 12:25 PM

Same here as for as taking the boat out but not putting in. I just kept going and came back to the house. Mind you it was 5:30 am is the reason I tho't it might be a tournament and not just recreationists.

coveman 09-09-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldhick (Post 88153)
Take Sept off and you won't have any regrets. I'd say the slowest month on OHL. You can catch some, but it's a challenge. Will start picking up early Oct in the shallows...

Right, I've detailed my boat, carpet included. Sold off some redundant rods and reels, and lures, put on new line.... oh! and replaced trailer-wheel hubs. It's just been to dog gone HOT to fish. But Sept tries to cool off a little so may get out. I minus well cause I don't catch anything anyway!

Texas_Rig 09-09-2020 11:20 PM

I know it’s unusual but I haven’t been hardly at all

Buccaneer 09-10-2020 05:22 PM

Going tomorrow morning, 0500. Seeking a topwater bite.

coveman 09-11-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 88157)
Going tomorrow morning, 0500. Seeking a topwater bite.

let us know how you make out...

Buccaneer 09-11-2020 01:28 PM

Nothing on topwater, I couldn’t believe it. Tiny Shad everywhere I went, just nothing busting them. Caught a few chunky bass on a spinnerbait however. Was a nice morning anyway.

skillet 09-11-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 88159)
Nothing on topwater, I couldn’t believe it. Tiny Shad everywhere I went, just nothing busting them. Caught a few chunky bass on a spinnerbait however. Was a nice morning anyway.

I do love that spinnerbait bite! Caught a few bass and whites on a trap two weeks ago. They were schooling pretty hard. Couldn’t get a bite on a popper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coveman 09-12-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 88159)

Good to hear it wasn't a bust. They can sure get lazy when the water's hot!