FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   stripe and hybrid (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13620)

navydocivan 07-01-2020 09:42 PM

stripe and hybrid

Does anyone have any suggestions on catching these on Priest this time of year other than live bait. Was looking to use some blade baits or jigs off the bottom, or perhaps a whopper plopper in the jumps. I just want my boys to be able to catch some fish. We did the bottom bouncing with fair success on Tims ford a couple weeks back and I rather fish locally this weekend. Is it best early morning or evening or even after dark? The thing is this weekend may be a mad house with boats on priest and be better off staying off the water d/t baot traffic. PM welcomed also

skillet 07-02-2020 08:39 PM

You can bet everything you own it’s gonna be a mad house and ridiculously busy on any lake you drive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flatline 07-03-2020 08:39 AM

After my last experience with crazy wake boat traffic on Center hill Lake which resulted in swamping my boat, you won't find me on the waters on a weekend. If CH was a mad house I cannot even begin to imagine OH or Priest

Headhunter 07-14-2020 10:59 AM

Bass are 10 to 20' approx. Been catching 30+ most everytime I go. 4th of July weekend was one of the better ones this year for bass for me. They were schooled up really good. Best spot we fished, we caught 37 bass off of one drop off. Crazy thing is, I normally catch just as many on a crankbait as I do a worm, this year the plastic worm has been about all I can catch any bass on. Don't seem to want a crankbait at all.

lupanfreitag 07-15-2020 12:49 PM

Wake Boats

Let me vent.

Wake boats---What a vile lot of water hogs! I have been nearly tossed from my boat a dozen times in the tsunamis of wake boats blaring world's worst country music in a debris field of beer cans.

Solution is two fold.

First-I have been camping out below dams where pleasure boaters are nigh. There is still teh menagerie of lunatics and novice boaters but for example last weekend I fished for 7 hours and saw one other boat. Sure it is sorching and the water stinks and once and while you snag a bird or two but hey, the waters are calm, air crappy country music free, and only half the number of beer cans... most of those pumped through the generation house from the lakeside.
Second- I fish at night. Still yahoos but the more dedicated.

Again, the only good wake boat is a sunk wake boat.

End of sermon.

Lupan

SAMBOLIE 07-15-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 87996)
Let me vent.

Wake boats---What a vile lot of water hogs! I have been nearly tossed from my boat a dozen times in the tsunamis of wake boats blaring world's worst country music in a debris field of beer cans.
Lupan

There hasn't been a country song or artist in at least 25 years. The crossover trash that is called country is a disgrace to the genre.
Keith Fricking Urban ain't country. Garth Brooks is a joke. Taylor Swift can't compare to the ladies of country music.

End of my rant.

wormdunker 07-17-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 87996)
Let me vent.

Solution is two fold.

First-I have been camping out below dams where pleasure boaters are nigh. There is still teh menagerie of lunatics and novice boaters but for example last weekend I fished for 7 hours and saw one other boat. Sure it is sorching and the water stinks and once and while you snag a bird or two but hey, the waters are calm, air crappy country music free, and only half the number of beer cans... most of those pumped through the generation house from the lakeside.
Second- I fish at night. Still yahoos but the more dedicated.

Again, the only good wake boat is a sunk wake boat.

End of sermon.

Lupan

I'll say the Amen to that sermon. AMEN

skillet 07-17-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 87997)
There hasn't been a country song or artist in at least 25 years. The crossover trash that is called country is a disgrace to the genre.
Keith Fricking Urban ain't country. Garth Brooks is a joke. Taylor Swift can't compare to the ladies of country music.

End of my rant.

Garth Brooks is the best thing to happen to country music!!! https://media1.giphy.com/media/f9wXB...Szwh/giphy.gif

skillet 07-17-2020 11:12 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3ohhw...wtFK/giphy.gif

SAMBOLIE 07-18-2020 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 88001)
garth brooks is the best thing to happen to country music!!!
Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

Attachment 10093