FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   This Merv fella (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12834)

Gone fishing 08-04-2018 07:58 PM

This Merv fella

He told you about yesterday’s search but he didn’t tell you the complete ending. A friend of mine was taking an in-law of his that has been going through some really rough/tuff times out fishing yesterday to try and bring something simple back for him like smiling/fun. His inlaw is not a fisherman but he always seemed somewhat interested in his fishing, so he finally convinced him to go fishing yesterday. I say finally convinced because his inlaw swore up and down that he was soooo far past bad luck when it came to fishing that they’d be lucky if the boat didn’t sink. The couple times he got to go fishing when he was younger he was blamed for everything including nobody catching anything, and he was certain he was fishing’s curse. My buddy thought hybrids would be the best chance of him being able to break the juju because of their numbers, willingness to bite, and well trolling because the in-law can’t cast...lol
Soooo my buddy said he was putting in his boat at Cooks next to a fella that was taking his boat out. The normal any luck passing by talk hoping for a tidbit maybe as he hasn’t been on Priest all year and only has 2 hours of daylight left to try and break the juju or face embedding it even deeper...no pressure lol...oh and this is his wife’s brother! My buddy said he didn’t get any tidbits or possible advice from this homely looking fella, instead he got a dozen live gizzard shad and DIRECTIONS to 3 locations the homely man had just left the hybrids biting at... Not only did the juju get broke it brought something back he hadn’t experienced in some time FUN and they had a blast getting every bait they dropped smashed. He said he just couldn’t believe a FISHING GUIDE would just be so above and beyond nice like that. I’ve personally never met this homely looking fella named Merv but I’d be glad to buy him a beer or two anytime.

XxthejuicexX 08-04-2018 08:17 PM

Merv is a good dude.

Texas_Rig 08-04-2018 09:37 PM

How much did he pay you to post this story? Seriously though that's awesome. Way to go Merv.

agelesssone 08-04-2018 10:05 PM

Stop it! Yer Makin me blush....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

luckystratos 08-04-2018 11:09 PM

There are still some great people in this country.

agelesssone 08-06-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone fishing (Post 83650)
He told you about yesterday’s search but he didn’t tell you the complete ending. A friend of mine was taking an in-law of his that has been going through some really rough/tuff times out fishing yesterday to try and bring something simple back for him like smiling/fun. His inlaw is not a fisherman but he always seemed somewhat interested in his fishing, so he finally convinced him to go fishing yesterday. I say finally convinced because his inlaw swore up and down that he was soooo far past bad luck when it came to fishing that they’d be lucky if the boat didn’t sink. The couple times he got to go fishing when he was younger he was blamed for everything including nobody catching anything, and he was certain he was fishing’s curse. My buddy thought hybrids would be the best chance of him being able to break the juju because of their numbers, willingness to bite, and well trolling because the in-law can’t cast...lol
Soooo my buddy said he was putting in his boat at Cooks next to a fella that was taking his boat out. The normal any luck passing by talk hoping for a tidbit maybe as he hasn’t been on Priest all year and only has 2 hours of daylight left to try and break the juju or face embedding it even deeper...no pressure lol...oh and this is his wife’s brother! My buddy said he didn’t get any tidbits or possible advice from this homely looking fella, instead he got a dozen live gizzard shad and DIRECTIONS to 3 locations the homely man had just left the hybrids biting at... Not only did the juju get broke it brought something back he hadn’t experienced in some time FUN and they had a blast getting every bait they dropped smashed. He said he just couldn’t believe a FISHING GUIDE would just be so above and beyond nice like that. I’ve personally never met this homely looking fella named Merv but I’d be glad to buy him a beer or two anytime.

Jack and Coke is just fine, two being my limit (per hour), thank you very much.

Gone fishing 08-07-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 83667)
Jack and Coke is just fine, two being my limit (per hour), thank you very much.

Done, just be ready for me to interagate your brain for any and all fishing knowledge!

agelesssone 08-07-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone fishing (Post 83675)
Done, just be ready for me to interagate your brain for any and all fishing knowledge!

My goodness, you sure don't set your sights very high do you, LOL.
I could tell you all I know in two minutes......and you still wouldn't know very much!

Gone fishing 08-07-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 83676)
My goodness, you sure don't set your sights very high do you, LOL.
I could tell you all I know in two minutes......and you still wouldn't know very much!

LOL
Well at least I only have to focus for 2 minutes...