FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ice Fishing In Minnesota (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12962)

preacher 12-31-2018 07:29 PM

Ice Fishing In Minnesota

1 Attachment(s)
John had two bucket lists. Bucket list one was to catch a Sturgeon and the other was to go ice fishing. Never thought that we could get them both at one time! This fish was 57" long and ~65lbs on 8lb test line. We had to use a chain saw to make the hole large enough to get the fish out. John is totally HOOKED!!!! We also had a 22 1/2" Walleye, 23 1/2" Walleye and a 25 1/2" Walleye. We had over 40 eaters. Life is Good, Preacher! Attachment 9774

tkwalker 12-31-2018 08:26 PM

Great!! <'TK><

Preacher, I have known you for over 20 plus years and I know you are a heck of a fisherman ... Congrats on your fishing trip and catch ... Also for your first post in almost ten years... Keep them coming ... <'TK><:)

preacher 01-01-2019 06:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of the walleye. John's fight on the sturgeon was 2 hrs 15 min. 32" pole 8 lb test line.

Halli 01-01-2019 08:14 PM

Wow those are great fish and that is a nice Ice Shack!
Happy New Year!

Dakota 01-01-2019 09:02 PM

Great catch, congrats! What lake were you on? Just curious I grew up in Eastern South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preacher 01-02-2019 09:24 AM

We were on Lake of The Woods at Arensens Rocky Point Lodge.

Dakota 01-02-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preacher (Post 84490)
We were on Lake of The Woods at Arensens Rocky Point Lodge.

Very nice!

Alphahawk 01-02-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 84473)
Preacher, I have known you for over 20 plus years and I know you are a heck of a fisherman ... Congrats on your fishing trip and catch ... Also for your first post in almost ten years... Keep them coming ... <'TK><:)

Yeah I know him too.....LOL. He and I will be doing some fishing when this water gets right.

Regards

SAMBOLIE 01-02-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 84498)
Yeah I know him too.....LOL. He and I will be doing some fishing when this water gets right.

Regards

Hope you are going out of state with him if you want the water to get right for ice fishing.

tkwalker 01-03-2019 12:46 AM

Preacher ... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 84498)

Regards

I miss counted how many years I have known Preacher ... Preacher and I had a mutual friend Sam Mckee in Gallatin in the early 80's... I was in to Drag Racing (Small Block Mouse Mtrs.) and Sam and Preacher was in to Tractor Pulling ..(Large Block rat mtrs.) I was buying the mouse Hilborn Fuel injection systems for nickles on the $ off of Sam and Preacher while they were up grading to the rats...

By the way, Preacher bought all of my Custom made Roger's wrap trolling rods and Bruce DeShano's expermental "OFF SHORE" SST planer boards that Bruce came down and we experimented with after I retired ...

Preacher I am glad to you are still kicking and enjoying life !! <'TK><