FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cumberland Rocks (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13627)

lupanfreitag 07-27-2020 01:39 PM

Cumberland Rocks

2 Attachment(s)
Every week the bite improves as baitfish flood the river. Walk across the river on the backs of skipjacks!

Caught around 18 fish or various species. Photos of the two largest rock fish. Biggest 27lbs. Kept three knowing they would not survive the fight.

Damn the heat, stay safe and keep the cast on, my friends.

SalmonDaze 07-27-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 88011)
Every week the bite improves as baitfish flood the river. Walk across the river on the backs of skipjacks!

Caught around 18 fish or various species. Photos of the two largest rock fish. Biggest 27lbs. Kept three knowing they would not survive the fight.

Damn the heat, stay safe and keep the cast on, my friends.

Nice catch!!!
But c'mon man . . . try to enjoy life! Smile once in a while.
:)

lupanfreitag 07-27-2020 06:28 PM

Rocks and Rolls

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalmonDaze (Post 88012)
Nice catch!!!
But c'mon man . . . try to enjoy life! Smile once in a while.
:)

That was my boss.

I am like a non profit guide taking coworkers and friends. I have 5 other people "booked" before the season ends around mid Sept. So far home runs every single time out.

The heat blows but fishing fantastic. I'll sweat a little for a 30lbs fish.

Still waiting for the dam to stop, clogged with the twisted wreckage of hundreds of wake boats....

white95v6 07-28-2020 04:27 PM

Solid trip. Those are great fish

notorious 07-28-2020 04:55 PM

Adrian should be all over this thread...haven't seen him in a while.

skillet 07-28-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 88013)
That was my boss.

I am like a non profit guide taking coworkers and friends. I have 5 other people "booked" before the season ends around mid Sept. So far home runs every single time out.

The heat blows but fishing fantastic. I'll sweat a little for a 30lbs fish.

Still waiting for the dam to stop, clogged with the twisted wreckage of hundreds of wake boats....

I have wrote off going to the lake till the water cools just cause of those wake boats. This has been the worst year for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halli 07-29-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 88013)

We could only hope!!!! :rolleyes:

spottedbass 07-29-2020 11:47 AM

Adrian said he has been working too much to go fishing.

SAMBOLIE 07-29-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottedbass (Post 88018)
Adrian said he has been working too much to go fishing.

I didn't realize he was a doctor.

Adrian 08-04-2020 12:24 AM

I literally haven't logged on here in months. I just popped by today and what do I see? I guess it's time to take some time off! Listen... Happy & I really need to film a new YouTube video. Been trying to talk Merv into taking us to the dam, but like us, he's all covered up. I'm just waiting on the right opportunity :)

cgreene 08-11-2020 02:24 PM

Great catch! Those are huge fish. It looks like you had a great time fishing.

lupanfreitag 08-18-2020 12:23 PM

Still Going..... Amazing

4 Attachment(s)
Still on fire.
Bait thick.
At least 1,000,000 skipjacks to every single sport fish.
Here are a of handful of photos.

Be safe, fish your brains out.

Texas_Rig 08-19-2020 12:14 AM

I don’t striper fish that often. I really only target them at the steam plant in the winter time but to me they are the most rewarding fish to catch. Especially ones over 30lbs. They are so strong and they are special memories for me. I’ve caught probably a dozen over 25lbs and every single one of them was on a 6xd with 12lb line. I’ve tried to go to 20lb line but I’ve never caught one on 20lb and I always end up switching back to my normal deep cranking bass rod. It’s a lot of fun but I’ve also broke off quite a few times. It makes me feel bad knowing that there are a few big stripers swimming around with a crankbait stuck in their mouth. I finally quit using the 12lb line for that reason and I haven’t caught one since. But I don’t spend much time doing it. 12lb line with a good drag will certainly hold up to a 40lb striper but not when their teeth are rubbing the line. A lot of the big ones I’ve caught I only got in because they were hooked outside the mouth. What are your rod, reel, and line setups that you use to catch them? Those are some nice fish man and I hope you catch a bunch more

lupanfreitag 08-19-2020 04:18 PM

Until Then....

I use 50lbs braid with a 30-40lbs mono leader.
I use spinning surf rods 7-8 feet. Baitcasters I use a variety of musky and catfish rods, heavy duty. I have never broken off but possibly I am missing fish. I am averaging 4-6 per trip with at least 2 over 20lbs. As the water cools the patterns will shift but until then it is full speed ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 88097)
I don’t striper fish that often. I really only target them at the steam plant in the winter time but to me they are the most rewarding fish to catch. Especially ones over 30lbs. They are so strong and they are special memories for me. I’ve caught probably a dozen over 25lbs and every single one of them was on a 6xd with 12lb line. I’ve tried to go to 20lb line but I’ve never caught one on 20lb and I always end up switching back to my normal deep cranking bass rod. It’s a lot of fun but I’ve also broke off quite a few times. It makes me feel bad knowing that there are a few big stripers swimming around with a crankbait stuck in their mouth. I finally quit using the 12lb line for that reason and I haven’t caught one since. But I don’t spend much time doing it. 12lb line with a good drag will certainly hold up to a 40lb striper but not when their teeth are rubbing the line. A lot of the big ones I’ve caught I only got in because they were hooked outside the mouth. What are your rod, reel, and line setups that you use to catch them? Those are some nice fish man and I hope you catch a bunch more

tkwalker 08-19-2020 08:49 PM

Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupanfreitag (Post 88100)
I use 50lbs braid with a 30-40lbs mono leader.
I use spinning surf rods 7-8 feet. Baitcasters I use a variety of musky and catfish rods, heavy duty. I have never broken off but possibly I am missing fish. I am averaging 4-6 per trip with at least 2 over 20lbs. As the water cools the patterns will shift but until then it is full speed ahead.

Yes indeed lupanfreitag, I agree..You need to use a broomstick for a rod and a rope for line and get the fish in the boat ASAP if you plan to release it ..

The Longer you fight the Rock with bass gear and a soft drag with 10 to 20 pound test line, the chances are Lactic Acid sets up in the fish and the ability for it to swim off and live is a very low percentage if you release it...... <"TK>:mad: