FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weekend of Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12527)

jaybird 03-19-2018 08:27 AM

Weekend of Fishing

Saturday headed out to the dam area on OH. Took Skillet with because he is broken down. We were targeting crappie. We caught one total; despite Skillet's guaranty that we would catch five keepers in one spot. We did manage a few blue gill and a few bass but nothing to brag about. Water temps were 51-52 degrees.

On Sunday, I headed to JPP; if for no other reason than Skillet did not use all the bait I bought for Saturday. Tried for Crappie in the area of Bryant's Grove and caught nothing. Pulled out swim baits and started trolling. Picked up seven keeper whites and an 18 in hybrid in the last 45 minutes I was on the water. Water temps 52-53 degrees.

Lessons learned. Having Skillet in the boat is like taking a skunk along. Deezltech apparently does not retrieve his lures on old hick, even when he can. Lastly, I probably need to stick with what I know because that is what produced my fish this weekend.

ddyyak 03-19-2018 09:15 AM

Hope you "meat hogs" didn't keep those bluegill!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skillet 03-19-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybird (Post 81690)
Saturday headed out to the dam area on OH. Took Skillet with because he is broken down. We were targeting crappie. We caught one total; despite Skillet's guaranty that we would catch five keepers in one spot. We did manage a few blue gill and a few bass but nothing to brag about. Water temps were 51-52 degrees.

On Sunday, I headed to JPP; if for no other reason than Skillet did not use all the bait I bought for Saturday. Tried for Crappie in the area of Bryant's Grove and caught nothing. Pulled out swim baits and started trolling. Picked up seven keeper whites and an 18 in hybrid in the last 45 minutes I was on the water. Water temps 52-53 degrees.

Lessons learned. Having Skillet in the boat is like taking a skunk along. Deezltech apparently does not retrieve his lures on old hick, even when he can. Lastly, I probably need to stick with what I know because that is what produced my fish this weekend.

All of your claims are totally unfair!!! We hit all the spots that I know of. You now know all of my crappie secrets. And obviously they are awesome spots!!!!

skillet 03-19-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddyyak (Post 81691)

😂😂😂😂😂 they were kept but thrown back. 2 bluegill won’t feed one person.

jaybird 03-19-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 81692)
All of your claims are totally unfair!!! We hit all the spots that I know of. You now know all of my crappie secrets. And obviously they are awesome spots!!!!

at least the company was decent. Fishing not so much

jaybird 03-19-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddyyak (Post 81691)

Nah. Could not take another week of BS from TNpondmanager over that

deezelteck 03-19-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybird (Post 81690)

You might be on to something..... I took him with me on Sunday and didn't catch a legal fish.😲

To Skillets defence, it was a really rough weekend. I spoke to many fishermen who zeroed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jaybird 03-19-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezelteck (Post 81698)
You might be on to something..... I took him with me on Sunday and didn't catch a legal fish.��

To Skillets defence, it was a really rough weekend. I spoke to many fishermen who zeroed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

With friends like him, we don't need enemies brother

skillet 03-20-2018 09:45 AM

I think i need a single person pond hopper. That way I don’t put my curse on anyone else.