FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Gear (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Carb Job/Tune Up (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=10449)

ThrillSeeker 06-21-2015 08:48 AM

Carb Job/Tune Up

Greetings Gents,

I have a 98 Javelin with a 115 hp Johnson FS. I believe that I need a carb job (replace floats etc) which is beyond my mechanical expertise. I say this because it has very similar symptoms to my Mercury on my old boat that resulted in me having a small hole in one of my floats.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic with a fairly quick turnaround time who can get me back on the water pretty quick?

Thanks in advance.

tkwalker 06-21-2015 10:30 AM

Good, quick and resonable .. <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker (Post 65369)
Greetings Gents,

I have a 98 Javelin with a 115 hp Johnson FS. I believe that I need a carb job (replace floats etc) which is beyond my mechanical expertise. I say this because it has very similar symptoms to my Mercury on my old boat that resulted in me having a small hole in one of my floats.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic with a fairly quick turnaround time who can get me back on the water pretty quick?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Larry Hagan @ 615-289-8620 ... Tell him I sent you. <'TK><:)

XxthejuicexX 06-23-2015 08:01 AM

I've got a guy I like in Murfreesboro,. Not sure where you live.

Halli 06-23-2015 06:18 PM

I am sure Mr.TK would steer you in the correct direction.
But if not FIX YER LOCATION so we know where yer at !!! Hahaha

I have this acquaintance in Richmond Virginia that does great work or
maybe PS Fleet products in Seattle, Wa. Hey Jack I'm just saying. :)

ThrillSeeker 06-29-2015 06:26 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I live in Antioch. Fairly close to Lavergne.

ThrillSeeker 07-08-2015 12:17 PM

I wound up taking the boat to Nashville Marine near 4 corners, because everyone else was swamped with work due to people wanting to get on the water for the 4th of July..

The boat wouldn't start at all last week, so I dropped it off on 6/29. They said they were busy and it would be 2 weeks before they could look at it, but they would try to squeeze me in.

They called me w/ the diagnosis on Thursday 7/2 (VRO Pump went bad). I ordered a part for the boat on 7/3. The part arrived on 7/6, I took it to the shop on 7/7, and I got a call this morning saying the boat was ready.

The guys there were very helpful.

Dakota 07-08-2015 05:08 PM

I also use Nashville Marine. They've always done good work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 07-08-2015 09:09 PM

VRO pumps suck! Mine went out last year and thankfully hank was able to actually rebuild it. Much cheaper than buying a new one. Glad you got it worked out.

tkwalker 07-09-2015 02:10 AM

Yep!!!! .... ,<'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 65753)
VRO pumps suck! Mine went out last year and thankfully hank was able to actually rebuild it. Much cheaper than buying a new one. Glad you got it worked out.

Not one of Bombardier's better Ideas ... ... Very expensive to replace and or by-pass ,,, ... <'TK><

Note: This is a 2 stroke ... But all Evinrude 4 stroke ...50 HP and above are Suzuki's ... All Mercury's.. 4 strokes are Yama's 50 HP and above ... I know .. I own a 50 HP Yama ... 4 carbs ... Rebuild kits is $100 each and it has 4 carbs ... My cost ! ... same as Merc...