FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Crappie no matter what (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13018)

Buzzy15 02-20-2019 08:38 PM

Crappie no matter what

So I'm going crappie fishin on Sunday no matter what. Percy Priest. But today I was driving over the bridges around 840 and went to Fate Sanders and the lake had current so much water was spilling in. Duck season was a bust and my sauger season looks to be as well so its onto Crappie!

Trollin cranks and workin brush with tube jigs and a minnow is the plan.

Any advice not pertaining to the conditions. Mainly what depths to look for them in during this time of year!

Thank you in advance

cphill 02-21-2019 07:42 AM

Probably be hard fishing but I dont blame u if I had time I would go to..lol....I am sure its muddy and back in summer pool I would try shallow first I seem to catch a few more shallow is muddy water if u can find some eddys or current breaks might find a few but I would start in say maybe 8 to 10 foot of water...my advise dont mean much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SalmonDaze 02-21-2019 02:26 PM

Fyi . . . Nashville shores marina is flooded. Gonna be a real problem for a while.

Buzzy15 02-21-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cphill (Post 84998)
Probably be hard fishing but I dont blame u if I had time I would go to..lol....I am sure its muddy and back in summer pool I would try shallow first I seem to catch a few more shallow is muddy water if u can find some eddys or current breaks might find a few but I would start in say maybe 8 to 10 foot of water...my advise dont mean much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That is great help. It is high!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalmonDaze (Post 84999)
Fyi . . . Nashville shores marina is flooded. Gonna be a real problem for a while.

Ah dang. I was thinking Fate Sanders. What do you think?

notorious 02-21-2019 08:24 PM

Red/Chartreuse or Chartreuse with colored water...blue/white for clear water.

SalmonDaze 02-22-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzy15 (Post 85001)
That is great help. It is high!

Ah dang. I was thinking Fate Sanders. What do you think?

;)
I think it's gonna be a great weekend to finish re-treading my staircase, and putting the last touches on the tackle center I've been building for the boat.

It's so wet, even the high school soccer tournaments have been cancelled knowing the sun will be out.

luckystratos 02-22-2019 08:55 AM

I don’t know if dynamite will get anything on the upper end of priest. They were pulling so hard Thursday morning you could see current breaking on the buoys at Jefferson springs. Friday morning it’s still over summer pool. They seem to be holding old hickory pretty good. Good luck and be extra careful if anybody try’s to get out this weekend.

tnduxcaller 02-23-2019 02:49 AM

I heard the other day that Walter Hill Dam was running like 2ft over the top of the dam to level.

jaycee 02-23-2019 11:21 PM

Ramp parking lots are under water. May not be able to get to the ramps.
Good luck.

tnduxcaller 02-24-2019 12:47 AM

One idea is to try to fish somewhere that does not have a stream, like one of the TWRA fishing lakes.

Buzzy15 02-24-2019 09:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So I went out today and trolled for 4 hours. Had Bandit 300, Rapala Deep Diver, Berkley Flash minnow on for the first 20 minutes. Caught a nice fish on the Bandit and switched all the rods to bandits. Attachment 9834 We caught 5 fish trolling. At the end of the day the wind died down and we pitched tube jigs at the trees by the boat ramp. Caught a smallmouth and a nice crappie.Attachment 9836 Red and white tipped with minnow. The water on the boat ramp was so high it made it so you could not go around the loop. Luckily I have a 14ft jon that needs no water. Overall good day. I wish I had been out earlier.
Attachment 9835

Texas_Rig 02-25-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzy15 (Post 85041)
So I went out today and trolled for 4 hours. Had Bandit 300, Rapala Deep Diver, Berkley Flash minnow on for the first 20 minutes. Caught a nice fish on the Bandit and switched all the rods to bandits. Attachment 9834 We caught 5 fish trolling. At the end of the day the wind died down and we pitched tube jigs at the trees by the boat ramp. Caught a smallmouth and a nice crappie.Attachment 9836 Red and white tipped with minnow. The water on the boat ramp was so high it made it so you could not go around the loop. Luckily I have a 14ft jon that needs no water. Overall good day. I wish I had been out earlier.
Attachment 9835

What ramp were u able to launch at and what was the water temp?

Buzzy15 02-25-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 85043)
What ramp were u able to launch at and what was the water temp?

No clue on water temp. Chilly! I put my hand in a few times.

I put in at smith springs. The water was so high all 4 tires on the Honda Pilot were wet and the boat was still dry. Like I said I have a super light 14ft jon boat.

hotwielen65 02-25-2019 05:33 PM

Looking at the pictures water is stained but not as bad as I thought it would be, I drove 840 last Thursday and the rivers looked like chocolate milk and rolling. Glad to see you got your fix!!!!

Thanks for the report.

Ray