FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Favorite place to Wade or Bank Fish the Caney? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12846)

Adrian 08-16-2018 01:22 AM

Favorite place to Wade or Bank Fish the Caney?

I'm not too familiar with Caney Fork, but me and wife are looking for a good accessible area to get out of the car and get in the water to catch a few.
Of course my Bass Boat won't make the trip, so are there places to catch walleye without floating the river or is it just trout?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Brian37075 08-16-2018 11:45 AM

Behind the rest area just off the interstate, they even have a parking lot for people fishing. Then get back on the interstate headed east take the first exit not far down the road and turn right. A few miles down the road on the right is an access point with parking lot. Below the dam has plenty of access.

CFrockfish 08-16-2018 03:16 PM

Only time I've caught walleye is in the winter time near the dam.

Adrian 08-16-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian37075 (Post 83759)
Behind the rest area just off the interstate, they even have a parking lot for people fishing. Then get back on the interstate headed east take the first exit not far down the road and turn right. A few miles down the road on the right is an access point with parking lot. Below the dam has plenty of access.

Thanks Brian. Does anyone know the mile marker for this Rest Stop?

CFrockfish 08-16-2018 05:15 PM

267 I believe. It’s right before the buffalo valley exit on 40 if your headed east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian37075 08-16-2018 10:09 PM

You’ll go across the caney 4 times before you get to the rest area. It is right before Buffalo valley exit. Check out google earth and you will see the rest area. Sorry about not identifying where it was. It is the first with a bathroom as you head east. There is a just parking area you’ll see several miles before you hit the rest area.

Adrian 08-17-2018 10:54 AM

Thank Ya'll. I'll get on the Google Maps and see if I can find it. Gonna head over there next week and see what we can stir up for the Wife's Instagram :)

Adrian 08-17-2018 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this the area in question? Smith County I-40 Rest Area?

thehick176 08-17-2018 02:34 PM

Yes that's it. Good areas in both directions with deep and shallow water.

Brian37075 08-17-2018 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spot on that’s it. The little brown roof you see closer to the river is the fishing parking lot. Walk towards the river from there and you’ll see a trail to get you to the river. On the gravel bar the deeper waters is on the opposite side of the river. After you try there get back on the interstate and get off at Buffalo valley and go right. You’ll find Happy Hollow on the right a few miles down the road. Plenty off spots here to.

Adrian 08-18-2018 10:53 AM

Thanks again. This is the exact information we needed. Headed out there next week on a good clear day with no generation. Watch out Instagram! :)