FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lotsa lurkers (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12332)

agelesssone 11-30-2017 07:28 AM

Lotsa lurkers

Looking at these threads, I'll usually see 30-50 viewing.....but nobody posting.
Could this be why the guys that actually "fish" don't want to post too much?
Too many lurkers and not enough contributing any real information.

XxthejuicexX 11-30-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 80079)
Looking at these threads, I'll usually see 30-50 viewing.....but nobody posting.
Could this be why the guys that actually "fish" don't want to post too much?
Too many lurkers and not enough contributing any real information.

Could be, I know most people don't like posting info so randys can use it. I just don't get to fish that much anymore so I don't have much actual fishing info to post, I'm still good for a smart ass comment every now and again.

agelesssone 11-30-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 80080)
Could be, I know most people don't like posting info so randys can use it. I just don't get to fish that much anymore so I don't have much actual fishing info to post, I'm still good for a smart ass comment every now and again.

Smart ass comments have led to some of the most entertaining threads, comment away!

XxthejuicexX 11-30-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 80081)
Smart ass comments have led to some of the most entertaining threads, comment away!

You are correct sir.

Texas_Rig 11-30-2017 11:23 AM

Currently raining in Indian Creek at Center Hill.

goreds.king 11-30-2017 12:01 PM

I’m guilty of lurking. Two kids playing just about every sport imaginable keep me from getting out. I like to visit the site and see how everyone else is doing.

XxthejuicexX 11-30-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 80084)
Currently raining in Indian Creek at Center Hill.

Currently have heartburn from the hot chicken I just finished off. :D

agelesssone 11-30-2017 12:27 PM

Coupla fellas went to the steam plant yesterday, posted a picture of their catch on Facebook. Looked pretty sparce in the cooler, had about 8 tilapia and a red ear or two and one catfish.
Had thoughts of going there today but dental appt in the middle of the day ruined that idea.
Plus I have to finish tearing down and packing away a small (15 ft) swimming pool.
Giving it away to friends and going bigger next year.
Should have been a great day for hybrids on Priest.

Heiny57 11-30-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 80087)
Coupla fellas went to the steam plant yesterday, posted a picture of their catch on Facebook. Looked pretty sparce in the cooler, had about 8 tilapia and a red ear or two and one catfish.
Had thoughts of going there today but dental appt in the middle of the day ruined that idea.
Plus I have to finish tearing down and packing away a small (15 ft) swimming pool.
Giving it away to friends and going bigger next year.
Should have been a great day for hybrids on Priest.

It probably is a good day, because I am at work. LOL

Am planning on hitting 7 points Sat.

pitbull 11-30-2017 01:32 PM

I fish every weekend, sometimes a tournament both days, but unless you want info on how to give money away you don't want any of my info lately....

Haven't ventured out to the steamplant this year yet, I was fishing Friday and Saturday nights out by the barges just for fun but there at the last few trips the damn things were smoldering so bad I just gave up on it... Since picking up these tournaments at Center hill and Cordell Hull I haven't been back to see if it's been any better.

Joshthebadbear 11-30-2017 03:08 PM

Lurker . . . .not me

Well maybe, I haven't posted much after wanting to spend more time on this site because my rig has been in the shop and glass house for a month now.
And my wife fell and broke a couple vertebrae in her back. Between care giving and all my gear is in the boat . . .lurking is all I got. :)

notorious 11-30-2017 05:47 PM

So... Hyco Lake in North Carolina is smooth as glass, the weather is in the sixty's, I can see from the road guys fishing around the discharge canal like at GAF but no-one shows any fish caught. The park I'm at has one of the only ramps and it stays busy and has resident rangers to patrol so I feel good about that. The bait shop is way over priced, but ordered my dip brand when asked, and the restaurant has a nice chicken samich.

XxthejuicexX 11-30-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 80092)
So... the restaurant has a nice chicken samich.

Chicken salad???

wormdunker 11-30-2017 08:23 PM

Yeah, I notice that too, I wonder if it isn't just "trolling bots" or whatever you call the hacking machines. Or, Hmm, maybe it is guys that catch lots of fish and don't tell secrets! For myself, I hardly ever get to fish much anymore, and when I do, i don't have much to report, unfortunately. I did go last Saturday below Cheatham, and got skunked. Fished about 3&1/2 hours- hung a big gar, had a couple of hits, which felt like sauger, but I dunno. Finally threw in the towel. I don't have the patience I used to.

TNBronzeback 11-30-2017 08:25 PM

Ive been whacking and stacking the whitetails. Lol.
Should be sauger fishing in a week or 2.