FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where'd everybody go? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13668)

wormdunker 11-18-2020 07:47 PM

Where'd everybody go?

Maybe it's my computer, but I haven't seen a new post here in a good long while. Surely somebody is catching fish? Hopefully it's not due to depression over the election results. Well, just wondering. Here's my little report. Went down below Cheatham Saturday morning. They were running 2 generators, so my hopes were high. Used to catch a lot of crappie there this time of year,and stripe too. I don't know, but those days might be gone what with the asian carp invasion. I foulhooked a big one of those in the tail and it looked like there were plenty of them down there. I did catch one crappie, and one stripe. Would have thought there would have been more, being that those 2 were there, but I drifted minnows and threw jigs and not another bite. I jigged for sauger and caught a good many, but no keepers, but I was glad to see them . Hoping bigger ones will move in as the water cools a little more. Well, I hope y'all are catching fish, it has been a beautiful Fall mostly. Tight lines.

SAMBOLIE 11-18-2020 08:37 PM

Good to hear from someone.
Went down on the Cumberland a couple of weeks ago. When we came out of the Stones and started up river I was surprised at how low it was. Saw a run about and a small cruiser on the bank at least 5 feet out of water. They were about 1/4 mile apart. When we came back the water was almost back up to the boats. Can't figure what happened for the to be up on the bank.
Caught a lot of small mouth and a few spots. 2 cats. I caught 2 sauger.
Weather was fabulous.

I was talking to my postman today. He went to KY lake on Saturday to catch crappie. Said he fished about 15 ft of water all day and caught nothing. On his way home some guide that he knew texted that he caught a lot in about 8 ft. of water.

Flatline 11-19-2020 09:40 AM

Funny I was just thinking about you Sambolie this morning and thought I would check the site and here you are..

I've not gone fishing since 3 weeks ago when they started lowering waters at Priest. I've been keeping busy working on my semi trailer removing old wood sanding and painting. Tomorrow I drive to Memphis to pickup my new wood and hopefully have the trailer rebuild finished by Thanksgiving. The I can start work on the truck as I prepare to get back to work. It looks like I'll be released Dec 1st from the cardiologist. Hard to believe its been almost 3 months since my 3x bypass.

wormdunker 11-20-2020 07:18 PM

Sounds like you are doing great! Glad to hear it. Can't keep a good man down.

FishAddict 11-21-2020 12:08 PM

Guess this is a non-report, zeroed this AM in Drakes Creek, not a single crappie bite....

gordonc615 12-10-2020 03:33 PM

Been focusing on deer season but it's funny how it usually picks up on here mid Feb thru hybrid and then crappie fishing. But 2020has been a weird year there was Soo much traffic early this year I swore off getting on the water at priest. Hopefully everything will correct itself. Did some decent crappie fishing late Oct.but now that the levels are even further I wouldn't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Flatline 12-10-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormdunker (Post 88241)
Sounds like you are doing great! Glad to hear it. Can't keep a good man down.

Thanks, Its official... as of 2 days ago I have been released from the cardiologist after taking a Nuclear stress test and climbing a treadmill at almost running speed. Them fools like to have killed me and it wasn't because the heart.. hell it held steady at 120 BPM until about 8 mins before it finally shot up to 136 BPM. It was my knees and legs that had given out... :confused:

I'm thinking its going to be close to 70 degs tomorrow and I just might go fishing, but I'm just not sure where to go now that all the lakes are drained. It would be nice to catch a couple nice fish to finish the year out. :D

Flatline 12-12-2020 12:01 PM

Went fishing Friday, launch out of Shutes.. what a mistake that was. Not launching there but going fishing on OHL. I should have gone to CH like I wanted to. Weather sucked... Was supposed to be nice but the temps just dropped and the winds came early. It looked like a mine field with all the floating debris, trash and trees.. Lake became chopping and I froze my butt off getting back to the launch.

Schleprock 12-15-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 88256)
Went fishing Friday, launch out of Shutes.. what a mistake that was. Not launching there but going fishing on OHL. I should have gone to CH like I wanted to. Weather sucked... Was supposed to be nice but the temps just dropped and the winds came early. It looked like a mine field with all the floating debris, trash and trees.. Lake became chopping and I froze my butt off getting back to the launch.

Don't think you missed anything at CH, buddy said its been really tough, tournament Sunday had a winning bag of 8lbs with many boats not weighing a fish

I went to Chickamauga Saturday and got a good one

https://i.imgur.com/OSYUH8u.jpg

SAMBOLIE 12-15-2020 08:44 PM

There may be fewer posters here in the next 4 years. I wonder if the new administration will try to take our fishing equipment as they have said they will take our fire arms.

Schleprock 12-16-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 88262)
There may be fewer posters here in the next 4 years. I wonder if the new administration will try to take our fishing equipment as they have said they will take our fire arms.

Why are your arms on fire?

SAMBOLIE 12-16-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 88265)
Why are your arms on fire?

They want you firearms, and an arm and a leg.

SalmonDaze 12-17-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 88267)
They want you firearms, and an arm and a leg.

I gotta start trolling the bottom of the Caney Fork River with an electro-magnet. I want to find all those ARs and "high capacity" pistols that everyone (including me) has lost. :D

SAMBOLIE 12-19-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalmonDaze (Post 88269)
I gotta start trolling the bottom of the Caney Fork River with an electro-magnet. I want to find all those ARs and "high capacity" pistols that everyone (including me) has lost. :D

Funny you mention magnet fishing. I was at Shutes Branch recently when a fellow threw out a magnet. I have seen this on YouTube but never in person. I was inquisitive. He was using a 300 lb capacity. Said he lost a 500 lb because it stuck so strong that the rope broke. To show me the strength he stuck it to the metal railing around the dock. He pulled and kicked it untill he finally got it loose.
Electro magnet would be the safest way to "magnet fish".

SalmonDaze 12-21-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 88279)
Funny you mention magnet fishing. I was at Shutes Branch recently when a fellow threw out a magnet. I have seen this on YouTube but never in person. I was inquisitive. He was using a 300 lb capacity. Said he lost a 500 lb because it stuck so strong that the rope broke. To show me the strength he stuck it to the metal railing around the dock. He pulled and kicked it untill he finally got it loose.
Electro magnet would be the safest way to "magnet fish".

Brings a whole new meaning to "trout magnet." :D