FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Guy needs a prayer (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12651)

Texas_Rig 05-07-2018 05:10 PM

Guy needs a prayer

I just witnessed a bass boat and a jet ski have a collision at the mouth of bluegrass. By the time I could get there and help the guy on the jet ski had been in the water for about 2 minutes. We got him in the boat he collided with and did the best CPR we knew how. Took him to the paramedics waiting at the dock. He was taking very few shallow breaths but when I was blowing in his mouth I could here all the water in his lungs. Doesn't look good. He needs a lot a prayers.

Adrian 05-07-2018 06:01 PM

Wow! For Sure. Keep us posted!

Dakota 05-07-2018 06:10 PM

Wow that’s unbelievable. Sounds like you definitely helped out big, in a bad situation. I commend you for that!! You’ve given him a chance with what you did. Prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddyyak 05-07-2018 06:27 PM

Good for you Texas, way to look out for fellow man. I was coming in cages just about that time, there were a lot of bass boats out today for a Monday. My head was on a swivel all day.

ddyyak 05-07-2018 06:34 PM

Tennessean just announced the jet ski operater died. He was in his mid fifties. I think he was pulling out of cages when I was pulling in. I noticed an older guy on a jet ski that caught my attention as he didn't seem very confident. Prayers to his family.

Buccaneer 05-07-2018 06:57 PM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38132924/t...d-hickory-lake

Texas_Rig 05-07-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddyyak (Post 82619)
Tennessean just announced the jet ski operater died. He was in his mid fifties. I think he was pulling out of cages when I was pulling in. I noticed an older guy on a jet ski that caught my attention as he didn't seem very confident. Prayers to his family.

Man I hate that. We did all we could. Prayers for his family and prayers for the guy that he collided with. If there were 2 jet skis then it could have been him. There was another guy on one that had already made it in the creek. He called the paramedics. Be safe out there guys!

TroutFiend 05-07-2018 07:49 PM

Sad to hear.
Did he have a PFD on?

notorious 05-07-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 82621)
Man I hate that. We did all we could. Prayers for his family and prayers for the guy that he collided with. If there were 2 jet skis then it could have been him. There was another guy on ine that had already made it in the creek. He called the paramedics. Be safe put there guys!

God puts people in places for a purpose. When I was on an Engine Company or Ambulance I had to understand that all I was were a tool in his hands and the outcome for the patient was not up me. It is an extremely difficult set of emotions to deal with...this was my only way to manage and continue as long as I did. You did all you could with the skill set and tools you had and sir you did well.

Texas_Rig 05-07-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutFiend (Post 82622)
Sad to hear.
Did he have a PFD on?

Yes

Alphahawk 05-07-2018 08:20 PM

Good of you to help out. Praying for his family.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heiny57 05-07-2018 09:10 PM

That’s sad and bless you for what you did.

luckystratos 05-08-2018 08:19 AM

That's an awesome thing you did to try help that man. Prayers for all involved.

deezelteck 05-08-2018 08:50 AM

Man that's sad..

Props to you for your swift action..

When the God says it's time, it's time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 05-08-2018 03:11 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Im sure you all would have done the same. I will not be commenting in this thread anymore going forward. May that man Rest In Peace.