FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jpp 11/4 (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12297)

YETI-14 11-05-2017 11:07 AM

Jpp 11/4

Went to JPP yesterday morning from first light until 12pm. It was foggy early and then very overcast. Water temp was 63 and had a light south wind. Fished top water spooks and buzz baits, then transitioned to cranks and spinners. Fished shallow around 4 corners, cove by Hobson Pike Bridge, Bryant’s Cove, Hamilton Creek, and around 7 Points. Caught 2 short 12” fish early then nothing. Very frustrating day on JPP when I thought conditions would be perfect. Anyone else experiencing the same thing lately? I’m stumped on what these fish are doing!

thehick176 11-05-2017 12:08 PM

Your not the only one man. My best days bass fishing lately have been on windy days fishing shallow flats with 4 blade spinnerbaits or rattletrap's. Just covering alot of water. I haven't had much luck doing anything else.

Jlg309 11-05-2017 04:20 PM

Same for me. Went out yesterday and lost one bass in 3 hours before giving up. I then switched to ultra light and caught 2 crappie and a 3 lb hybrid. The hybrid on 4 lb test almost made up for the otherwise crappy fishing day.

jaybird 11-05-2017 07:06 PM

I had the same trouble yesterday though I did find several hybrids yesterday around noon trolling arigs

wormdunker 11-05-2017 10:11 PM

Maybe just me, but The full moon never seems to be very productive, unless you are night fishing. I know others swear by it, but I have been skunked so many times on the full moon that I pretty much don't even bother. Seem to do much better on the new moon, but still get skunked sometimes then too! Been fishing for many years and still can't figure it out !:o

tennarl 11-05-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YETI-14 (Post 79871)
Went to JPP yesterday morning from first light until 12pm. It was foggy early and then very overcast. Water temp was 63 and had a light south wind. Fished top water spooks and buzz baits, then transitioned to cranks and spinners. Fished shallow around 4 corners, cove by Hobson Pike Bridge, Bryant’s Cove, Hamilton Creek, and around 7 Points. Caught 2 short 12” fish early then nothing. Very frustrating day on JPP when I thought conditions would be perfect. Anyone else experiencing the same thing lately? I’m stumped on what these fish are doing!

I went on Tuesday and noticed what seemed to be a shad die off from a few cold nights. I saw bass on my screen all related to bottom/below bait fish pods. Like you, an ideal day in theory and I didn't get one bite using cranks, traps, tops, etc. Very frustrating.

Heiny57 11-06-2017 11:54 AM

I am glad to hear I am not the only one getting kicked......

I have been out the last 2 weekends looking for the stripe bite and nothing. It looks like everything is scattered .

I would be posting if I had something to post about. 😡