FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jig Heads (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13184)

Flatline 07-20-2019 12:14 PM

Jig Heads

I have bought everything I need to make my own jigs (Football heads). Right now they are unpainted... my question is have you ever used unpainted jig heads ? Considering your past experience, do you honestly think/know if a bass cares or know the difference between gray, black or green head jig ?

notorious 07-20-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 86088)
I have bought everything I need to make my own jigs (Football heads). Right now they are unpainted... my question is have you ever used unpainted jig heads ? Considering your past experience, do you honestly think/know if a bass cares or know the difference between gray, black or green head jig ?

I use to make and still do when I need more 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs. I never painted them as a general rule, when I tied one on I take my knife and scrape the head to make it shine. I do take a spray bomb and hit them when I'm being picky, however don't really pay much attention to them unless walleye fishing.
If you plan on doing Sauger heads 1oz and larger I'll take a hundred if your so inclined.

Use the best hook you can find although.

Flatline 07-20-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 86089)
I use to make and still do when I need more 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs. I never painted them as a general rule, when I tied one on I take my knife and scrape the head to make it shine. I do take a spray bomb and hit them when I'm being picky, however don't really pay much attention to them unless walleye fishing.
If you plan on doing Sauger heads 1oz and larger I'll take a hundred if your so inclined.

I'm sorry my friend... I really don't think you want anything I'm going to make. Truth is I have never made any before. I haven't been able to find football jigs or in the color I want. Sooo I bought what I need to make some weedless jigs.

ALANRAYG2 07-20-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 86089)

I have a friend that has 100's of sauger jigs in the 1oz football heads. He has been telling me he want to sell them. There aren't enough sauger in the TN River to bother with anymore. Let me know

notorious 07-21-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 (Post 86095)
I have a friend that has 100's of sauger jigs in the 1oz football heads. He has been telling me he want to sell them. There aren't enough sauger in the TN River to bother with anymore. Let me know

PM Sent

Flatline 07-21-2019 01:02 PM

Woke up this morning with the idea that today would be a good day to make a few jigs.. I also looked at a few swim jigs that I bought and thought they looked really anorexic so I redid them, not picture

https://i.postimg.cc/pTLqLgnH/2019-07-21-11-32-12.jpg

notorious 07-21-2019 08:13 PM

Nice job Flatline!!

Flatline 07-21-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 86098)
Nice job Flatline!!

Thanks... First time at this. I'm curious as how they will act in water. Times like this I wish I had a 50 gal fish tank so I could observe the action

Texas_Rig 07-21-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 86099)
Thanks... First time at this. I'm curious as how they will act in water. Times like this I wish I had a 50 gal fish tank so I could observe the action

This is the honest truth. I have a swimming pool in my back yard and I spend more time casting lures in it than I do swimming in it

Halli 07-22-2019 10:41 AM

Nice jigs they look good.

Flatline 07-22-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86100)
This is the honest truth. I have a swimming pool in my back yard and I spend more time casting lures in it than I do swimming in it

I'm afraid if I had a pool, it would be stocked with fish. :D

notorious 07-22-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 86102)
I'm afraid if I had a pool, it would be stocked with fish. :D

That's called a concrete pond.

notorious 07-25-2019 07:06 PM

AlanRayG2

Made contact with your representative you mentioned...Thank you sir

ALANRAYG2 07-25-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 86121)
AlanRayG2

Made contact with your representative you mentioned...Thank you sir

Great, I hope you can work something out with him. If he doesn't have 1-1/4 oz jigs let me know. I'll pour you some.