FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Normandy walleye (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13158)

Paincave 06-18-2019 07:55 AM

Normandy walleye

1 Attachment(s)
Things are starting to get there,little slower than the past few years.

Ray4713 06-18-2019 08:14 AM

Nice catch. How deep were they?

XxthejuicexX 06-18-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paincave (Post 85884)
Things are starting to get there,little slower than the past few years.

Don't tempt me. Nothing like wasting 12 hours trolling for walleye on Normandy :) Do you mind sharing a little info on how you caught them?

Paincave 06-18-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4713 (Post 85885)
Nice catch. How deep were they?

They were running anywhere from 8 to 12 feet

Paincave 06-18-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 85886)
Don't tempt me. Nothing like wasting 12 hours trolling for walleye on Normandy :) Do you mind sharing a little info on how you caught them?

Basically wasting 12 hours trolling,hahaha, they've really been hit or miss this year,the water temp still isn't where I'd like it to be at for me to be confident at catching them,and lots of short fish being caught for this time of year,atleast from my past experiences

skillet 06-19-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

As long as you’re not with Tnbronzeback, you’ll be ok!! 😂🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 06-19-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 85895)

I've zeroed with him a couple times, I've also zeroed a bunch by myself and with Jimmy. It's tough. I have trolled cranks and lindy rigs on bottom bouncers. I've only caught them on the bottom bouncer with a lindy rig and crawler.

Paincave 06-19-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 85897)
I've zeroed with him a couple times, I've also zeroed a bunch by myself and with Jimmy. It's tough. I have trolled cranks and lindy rigs on bottom bouncers. I've only caught them on the bottom bouncer with a lindy rig and crawler.

I'm usually always good for atleast 1,but most of the time it's just 2 or 3. I've caught a few limits,but not this year yet,but I think it's coming once the water temp is right.

Transplanted Sportsman 06-19-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Aint that the truth!, i tried sevdral times this year with crawler harnesses and cranks and still big fat goose egg the most frustrating fishing I've ever done

TNBronzeback 07-16-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 85895)

Man you got that right! I've been there now 4 times, 2 with Juice.....and the closest I came to catching anything there was trolling a flicker shad and had a small bass toss the bait on the first jump. I say small bass, could have been a big shad. Lol. Either way, still not worthy of a catch. They can drain that toilet for all I care. Lmao

Headhunter 07-17-2019 08:59 AM

Never caught a walleye, but a friend and myself use to wear the bass out there in the summertime. They would school up in deeper water and you could catch all you wanted. Never caught a ton of big fish but up to 3 lbs or so we would lose count of how many we caught. The schools were big and we would find 3 or 4 of them most days.