FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fishing license (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13032)

skillet 03-01-2019 05:34 PM

Fishing license

Just a friendly reminder, renew your license. They have expired! And check your boat too, I realized yesterday that mine had been expired since 2017.....oops haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota 03-01-2019 05:40 PM

Renewed yesterday online. I also spent the five dollars to get the card sent to me. If you haven’t bought this before, It’s drivers license like, but obviously your fishing license. I’ll receive everything in the mail. 33.00 basic fish/hunt, plus 21.00 for the trout license.

tylerreid1234 03-01-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 85070)
Renewed yesterday online. I also spent the five dollars to get the card sent to me. If you haven’t bought this before, It’s drivers license like, but obviously your fishing license. I’ll receive everything in the mail. 33.00 basic fish/hunt, plus 21.00 for the trout license.

I got mine today as well, the "Avid Angler" package lol

Halli 03-01-2019 07:12 PM

Be careful as if you have a Renewal loaded then get a sportsman it will load both Yeah I m a dumbass.

So I have two License.

Alphahawk 03-01-2019 07:25 PM

That’s one less worry for us older folks......LOL.

Regards

tkwalker 03-01-2019 07:33 PM

Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphahawk (Post 85076)
That’s one less worry for us older folks......LOL.

Regards

Free,Free,Free,Free,Free, !;)

skillet 03-02-2019 02:11 AM

I’ve gotten the hard copy the last three years. I figure it’s an extra $5 to TWRA and use the resources enough to give that extra. Plus when you hand that hard card to a vent he pretty much just hands it back and leaves!! Lol. Means I can keep my short crappie!!!! Just kidding....or am I??? 😂🤣🤷🏻*♂️

FishAddict 03-02-2019 09:04 PM

I just take a picture of the paper. When I was boarded last year the TRWA guy said that was all you need. He said they can even look it up with your social if you don't have yours on you. Way better than in years gone by. BTW I'm not too happy about the senior license fees....my fishing buddy has one he paid I thing $5 or $10 for his lifetime license, they have gone to like $50. Though when I turn 65 in a few years I can get one for $5, it really irritates me.

tkwalker 03-02-2019 10:46 PM

Boy !! <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishAddict (Post 85083)
I just take a picture of the paper. When I was boarded last year the TRWA guy said that was all you need. He said they can even look it up with your social if you don't have yours on you. Way better than in years gone by. BTW I'm not too happy about the senior license fees....my fishing buddy has one he paid I thing $5 or $10 for his lifetime license, they have gone to like $50. Though when I turn 65 in a few years I can get one for $5, it really irritates me.

9 years ago when I turned 65 Senior Restricted Sport License were free for the rest of our life... don't remember what it cost ... Maybe $5 or even $10, but I really wouldn't have cared if it cost me $50 ... Here is why! ...

The TWRA is an Agency not a Bureaucracy .. In my opinion I have no problem paying any Fee that is required to fish or hunt in this fine state that has done a great job managing.

Statement from TWRA ..

The TWRA is funded by two primary sources: license/permit sales and federal excise taxes (Pittman-Robertson and Wallop-Breaux). Tennessee's allocation of these federal taxes is based in part, on the number of hunters and fishermen in the state.

The TWRA does not receive any funding from the State's general fund (i.e. state sales tax).

Dakota 03-02-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 85085)
9 years ago when I turned 65 Senior Restricted Sport License were free for the rest of our life... don't remember what it cost ... Maybe $5 or even $10, but I really wouldn't have cared if it cost me $50 ... Here is why! ...

The TWRA is an Agency not a Bureaucracy .. In my opinion I have no problem paying any Fee that is required to fish or hunt in this fine state that has done a great job managing.

Statement from TWRA ..

The TWRA is funded by two primary sources: license/permit sales and federal excise taxes (Pittman-Robertson and Wallop-Breaux). Tennessee's allocation of these federal taxes is based in part, on the number of hunters and fishermen in the state.

The TWRA does not receive any funding from the State's general fund (i.e. state sales tax).

I agree TK, I have no problem paying what I do for the licenses. $2.75 a month for a basic fishing license. That’s less than a pack of gum. Lol