FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Crappie Spawn (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12591)

XxthejuicexX 04-11-2018 08:28 AM

Crappie Spawn

Morning Guys. Just checking in to see if I have missed the spawn or is all the screwy weather keeping them confused? Merv, you've found some trolling, you think those are post spawn or pre-spawn fish? I think I am going to get out Saturday and fish as long as my boat is back from the shop. I found out that over heat alarm I was hearing turned out to be a fuel issue.... Everytime I pushed in the choke on the key it was spraying fuel down the front of the engine, could have caught the boat on fire, shame it did not.

skillet 04-11-2018 11:03 AM

I’m gonna try them on old hick Friday, I think it’ll be a great weekend to catch a boat load. But I think that every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agelesssone 04-11-2018 02:29 PM

They bjig females I caught yesterday were suspended over 25-30 FOW and definitely still full of eggs.
Until the water warms up to 60, they'll hang over deep water.
That could be this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 04-11-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 82160)
They bjig females I caught yesterday were suspended over 25-30 FOW and definitely still full of eggs.
Until the water warms up to 60, they'll hang over deep water.
That could be this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you! I should have my boat back so I can go Saturday. The float in the oil tank is causing the alarm to go off, the fuel issue was just something else going on. YAY boats.

Heiny57 04-12-2018 12:43 PM

I can’t post through the regular forum for some reason.

But the Crappie I caught Sunday were out deep and full of eggs. Water is still cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALANRAYG2 04-12-2018 10:45 PM

Me and a friend went to JPP yesterday. Launched from Fate Sanders. We ended the day with 21 keepers. My friend took 8 home with him and I kept the rest. I had 8 females and 6 were spawned out and 2 still had eggs. We found a couple places with 61 degree water temps. My past experience tells me that the spawn is underway and will continue until the next full moon.... weather permitting. We saw a lot of trollers and spider rigs. Everyone was catching some here and there. There were several people fishing from the boat dock closest to the river. I saw them catch some. Not sure when I can get back out. I think the wife gave me the crud. Something I didn't need.
We caught them using several methods. I make a pony head and had caught several on them. Some were on minnows and most were on an old Ozark Secrets 1/16 oz tube jig under a float about 3 feet.

jaycee 04-14-2018 05:41 PM

I think the blackcrappie are just about completed spawn.
The white crappie spawn later.
My 2¢ worth.

Buccaneer 04-14-2018 06:14 PM

Just a question for you boys. Has anyone seen Dogwoods blooming north of I-40? That’s my trigger for shallow spawning crappie. I haven’t seen any yet.

jaycee 04-14-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 82204)
Just a question for you boys. Has anyone seen Dogwoods blooming north of I-40? That’s my trigger for shallow spawning crappie. I haven’t seen any yet.

The dogwoods are in full bloom in Rutherford County.

FishAddict 04-15-2018 03:22 PM

They have not started yet on Old Hickory. Water was 58 yesterday, and 56 today.

Alphahawk 04-15-2018 05:19 PM

The crappie spawn is all over the place......as in ready...not ready....maybe....sometimes. Some lakes are having some spawn while some are not really thinking about it. I have not fished JPP and can't speak to that lake. Crappie are subject to have eggs in them just about all year long. Looking at the fish I have cleaned from Nickajack....Old Hickory....Center Hill....none of them remotely even showed blood lines. Now I understand some folks have found blood lines in the fish they have cleaned. I think the chance to catch crappie shallow is yet to come.

Regards