FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Tech Tips (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   best battery charger for deep cycle (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12616)

Schleprock 04-22-2018 07:09 PM

best battery charger for deep cycle
 
was just reading that some chargers can be bad for your battery , I'm currently using a 10 amp charger , tried to do some research and saw some different options,m an onboard, a mobile and some others , any advice would be appreciated

I understand that you should never allow a deep cycle battery run less than 80% and you should charge them immediately after use , any other pointers?

tkwalker 04-22-2018 07:26 PM

Maybe this will help. <'TK><
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 82324)
was just reading that some chargers can be bad for your battery , I'm currently using a 10 amp charger , tried to do some research and saw some different options,m an onboard, a mobile and some others , any advice would be appreciated

I understand that you should never allow a deep cycle battery run less than 80% and you should charge them immediately after use , any other pointers?

Schleprock, There may be some answers here from our archives. Look up in the right top on this page. (Google Box) ... Type in "Deep Cycle Batteries" Also try "Battery Chargers" ...Check the FishingTn.com dot and then search ... These are past posts about all king of subjects..... <'TK><:)


Schleprock 04-23-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 82325)
Schleprock, There may be some answers here from our archives. Look up in the right top on this page. (Google Box) ... Type in "Deep Cycle Batteries" Also try "Battery Chargers" ...Check the FishingTn.com dot and then search ... These are past posts about all king of subjects..... <'TK><:)


I looked but no real answers , appreciate the heads up though, keep forgetting about the search option

Buccaneer 04-26-2018 06:40 AM

I have one of these that I use to charge my Optima cranking battery - http://www.marinco.com/en/2612a
For my two trolling motor deep cycles I have an on-board 2 bank Minn Kota charger, 10 amps per bank. Depending on whether you have flooded wet cell or AGM batteries make sure your charger is compatible. I hear good things about the NOCO Genius chargers and they are more compact and lighter than most.

Schleprock 04-26-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 82358)
I have one of these that I use to charge my Optima cranking battery - http://www.marinco.com/en/2612a
For my two trolling motor deep cycles I have an on-board 2 bank Minn Kota charger, 10 amps per bank. Depending on whether you have flooded wet cell or AGM batteries make sure your charger is compatible. I hear good things about the NOCO Genius chargers and they are more compact and lighter than most.

Appreciate it, I currently have a 10amp that has a setting for a wet cell or agm, never thought about it until I read an article saying the wrong charger can ruin your battery but nowhere in the article does is tell you what are the correct chargers so I kind of panicked and came here to ask the experts lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.