FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Old Hickory Lake fishing report (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13418)

tacklemake 02-20-2020 10:12 PM

Old Hickory Lake fishing report

The past week I've been fishing in the back of drakes Creek and averaging 15 to 25 fish everyday on my stinger bait

Halli 02-21-2020 07:52 AM

Thanks for the Report

Have you seen any Asian carp in the shallows yet?

Flatline 02-21-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 87365)
Have you seen any Asian carp in the shallows yet?

God I hope not... Have they made it to OH yet ?

tacklemake 02-21-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 87367)
God I hope not... Have they made it to OH yet ?

Asian carp have been in here since I've been here and that's it seven years they're just not that bad

Halli 02-22-2020 11:18 AM

I have seen schools below the dam against the wing walls so I know they are in our area.

Just hope there is an eradication program found besides the current gill netting
used at Ky/Barkley lakes.

TnCreekMaster 02-23-2020 12:30 AM

Thanks for the report woody! Have you been catching any Crappie? Bass? Striper? Any size?

Ive also seen all forms of the asian carp in ohl as well and some dang big uns up to probably 50-60lbs, if you go around any marina that has lights at night in the late spring through fall you will see them at the surface gorging on plankton. Ive managed to hook some only to have them run under the dock and break off, but man dang those things are powerful and quite tricky to actually hook in the mouth

Happy fishing :)

Flatline 02-23-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster (Post 87376)
Thanks for the report woody! Have you been catching any Crappie? Bass? Striper? Any size?

Ive also seen all forms of the asian carp in ohl as well and some dang big uns up to probably 50-60lbs, if you go around any marina that has lights at night in the late spring through fall you will see them at the surface gorging on plankton. Ive managed to hook some only to have them run under the dock and break off, but man dang those things are powerful and quite tricky to actually hook in the mouth

Can you bow hunt them ?

agelesssone 02-23-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 87378)
Can you bow hunt them ?

ABSOLUTELY! Please do.

wormdunker 02-24-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster (Post 87376)

I have fished below Cheatham for a long time, and always did pretty well in the Fall/early Winter. Last couple of times I've been there (Nov., Dec.) fishing was poor. Only fish I hooked on the last trip was one of them. Pretty big, probably 15 lb. Foulhooked through the dorsal fin. I Fear that they are taking over.

SalmonDaze 02-25-2020 08:04 AM

For the carp

1 Attachment(s)
:D
Get 'em all

tacklemake 03-10-2020 08:57 PM

The crappie have been hanging out on the brush piles anywhere from 12 to 27 feet. Now that the water has warmed up a little they might be coming in to the shallow water looking. Since all the muddy water I'm catching is catfish and yellow bellie bass on my stinger baits and cut shed.