FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I need a lower unit mechanic (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12507)

skillet 03-12-2018 07:47 AM

I need a lower unit mechanic

Just as the title states. Reverse is almost nonexistent. It’s not a cable adjustment issue. Something in the gears is broke or out of adjustment. Need some references please. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker 03-12-2018 11:47 AM

Lower Unit .. <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 81506)
Just as the title states. Reverse is almost nonexistent. It’s not a cable adjustment issue. Something in the gears is broke or out of adjustment. Need some references please. Thank you.

For your size motor I would recommend Larry Hagan right off the interstate in Lebanon. 615-289-8620...Tell him I sent you .... <'TK><:)

Buccaneer 03-12-2018 12:43 PM

Is it an OMC/BRP engine? Contact Eddie Pope -423-336-5618, Charleston TN. Best man alive for Evinrude/Johnson lowers.

skillet 03-12-2018 02:20 PM

My bad guys, it is a 1994 90hp Johnson

skillet 03-12-2018 02:47 PM

Thanks guys. I called Larry Hagan and going to take it to him since its not a 3 hr drive Buccaneer. Lol

luckystratos 03-13-2018 02:36 AM

When I spun bearing in my 94 150 I found blown motor for $500 and just replaced lower. Parted motor for profit. If you can't fix yours reasonable might go that route.

hunterchub 03-14-2018 01:51 PM

I got a guy in Hartsville I really like. Ronnie Tucker. Straight up guy and good on motors.

skillet 03-14-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterchub (Post 81567)
I got a guy in Hartsville I really like. Ronnie Tucker. Straight up guy and good on motors.

Thanks, but I dropped the boat off yesterday. Took it to the guy TK told me about. He seemed like a great, honest guy.

hunterchub 03-14-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 81572)
Thanks, but I dropped the boat off yesterday. Took it to the guy TK told me about. He seemed like a great, honest guy.

That's cool. Just another resource. I think I know of that place in Lebanon. Heard good things as well. My guy is just close and always good to talk about those secret fishing holes.

tkwalker 03-14-2018 03:57 PM

Yep .. <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 81572)

Yes he is .. I have known Larry for over 25 years ... It is unreal what he knows about outboards, old and new ... He is honest and as big as a bear, and sometimes sounds like a bear, but has a heart of gold... I have seen him do some very unselfish things to help people out. .... <'TK><:)

notorious 03-14-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 81579)
He is honest and as big as a bear, and sometimes sounds like a bear, but has a heart of gold... I have seen him do some very unselfish things to help people out. .... <'TK><:)

My kind of people...prolly related anyhow.

skillet 03-14-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 81592)
My kind of people...prolly related anyhow.

TK said honest and unselfish.....not sure you came from that gene pool!!

skillet 03-14-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterchub (Post 81578)
That's cool. Just another resource. I think I know of that place in Lebanon. Heard good things as well. My guy is just close and always good to talk about those secret fishing holes.

Definitely appreciate the heads up.

pitbull 03-20-2018 02:45 PM

Larry is a great guy, bought my power head from him and actually work right across from his old shop. When I rebuilt my lower myself he sold me the gears and I took it back to him to bless my work, and it's worked great.