FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   CAUTION for people using Percy Priest Lake access ramps (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13217)

Flatline 08-25-2019 10:10 PM

CAUTION for people using Percy Priest Lake access ramps

ALERT: CAUTION for people using Percy Priest Lake access ramps, the crackheads and methheads are at it again!!! Talking to a buddy at church this morning, he told he put in at Bryants Grove to fish this past week. When he returned, his truck had the windows broke out as well as every other vehicle in the parking lot. After talking to the police officer who was taking the reports, the officer told him they got vehicles at another ramp too. Use caution when going to your vehicle to take out, desperate thugs will do anything to get away.

Texas_Rig 08-25-2019 10:14 PM

That's a shame

Flatline 08-26-2019 08:44 AM

A dear friend of mine sent me this last night as her brother is a detective and she knows I sometime fish that way.

commdd 08-26-2019 11:32 AM

so... the state likes to brag about how important the outdoor recreation industry is and the tax dollars it generates but what do we get out of it? unsafe ramps, poor fishing, etc. when was the last time anything improved? last time i talked to the percy priest lake manager he said they were too busy to patrol the ramp areas. Metro doesn't have jurisdiction as its corps land. I have seen the twra rangers exactly once in seven years. Use your phones and call the lake office, call twra, call metro! it doesnt have to be dangerous at these ramps.

Buzzy15 08-26-2019 01:03 PM

If you think the State has enough money to make these ramps safe you are a fool. Most of the money put into the DNR is through hunting and fishing licenses. If anyone who cared about the plants, game and habitat they should buy a hunting and fishing license no matter what. Even if they don't do those things because it goes towards habitat development.

Its amazing how more and more camp grounds and boat ramps are being shut down and people don't understand why. Where I grew up nearly 70% of the public campsites are gone.

Its a shame and its our fault

Halli 08-26-2019 07:36 PM

I can tell you Wilson Co. Sheriffs cruise the ramps very regularly on the Hick, and I have talked to them many times between 1200 & 0300

I won't fish Priest over the comments about that.
Remember it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, so Carry.

Tennessee law says even if you don't have a permit your Truck and Boat are your castle and as such you have the right to bear arms in them.
Of course arms are illegal with Army Corps so that is another topic.

Buccaneer 08-26-2019 07:57 PM

You can carry on any waters used for commercial traffic.

SAMBOLIE 08-26-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buccaneer (Post 86297)
You can carry on any waters used for commercial traffic.

You have to cross Corp property to get to the water.

skillet 08-27-2019 04:14 AM

I see metro, and Hendersonville PD patrolling ramps on old hick all the time. People’s vehicles still get broken into, but it doesn’t seem to be as often as priest. My point is, if police can patrol one lake why not the other? That makes no sense to me. I’ve personally been stopped by metro and HPD at night while bank fishing. Either way, be safe out there and keep your head on a swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE 08-27-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 86299)
I see metro, and Hendersonville PD patrolling ramps on old hick all the time. People’s vehicles still get broken into, but it doesn’t seem to be as often as priest. My point is, if police can patrol one lake why not the other? That makes no sense to me. I’ve personally been stopped by metro and HPD at night while bank fishing. Either way, be safe out there and keep your head on a swivel.

Some ramps on Priest are more secluded and have to be patrolled by Sheriff. Not enough deputies.
On Priest I just pay the $8 launch fee at a secure ramp.
Do you practice exorcism? :D

Buzzy15 08-28-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 86302)
Some ramps on Priest are more secluded and have to be patrolled by Sheriff. Not enough deputies.

On Priest I just pay the $8 launch fee at a secure ramp.

Do you practice exorcism? :D

I agree when I fish priest I pay the 8

Headhunter 08-28-2019 01:23 PM

I posted here a while ago when this came up to NOT put in at Bryants grove, for sure not after dark. Not surprising, has not only happened at Bryants grove several times in the last few years, but has happened in broad daylight there. There are only a couple ramps on the lake to use after dark.

SalmonDaze 08-29-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzy15 (Post 86306)
I agree when I fish priest I pay the 8

Same here. N.S. and pay the $100 once per year. Expensive, wrong side of the lake = burning a lot more fuel. But much more peace of mind. And I STILL carry . . .

jaybird 08-29-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halli (Post 86295)
I can tell you Wilson Co. Sheriffs cruise the ramps very regularly on the Hick, and I have talked to them many times between 1200 & 0300

I won't fish Priest over the comments about that.
Remember it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, so Carry.

Tennessee law says even if you don't have a permit your Truck and Boat are your castle and as such you have the right to bear arms in them.
Of course arms are illegal with Army Corps so that is another topic.

Unless the law has changed, you can not carry in your boat under the castle doctrine. I would recommend taking the carry class and getting licensed to not get caught in a gray area.

Headhunter 08-29-2019 09:00 AM

Not sure about corps of engineers, but the game warden told me, unless you cannot legally own a gun or you commit a crime, you can legally have a gun in your boat or car without a permit.