FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OH; what am I doing wrong????? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12633)

skillet 05-02-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 82501)
It's not luck Skillet. I know it might seem like it because your fishing a lot of water with little success and then bam your on them. That's what you do when it's tough; COVER LOTS OF WATER. The trick is to then assess the situation and figure out every little detail about that spot and recreate it in another area until you narrow it down to which detail/s is making those fish hang out. Once you figure that out you have a pattern.

Sunday was luck. We had nothing and was on our way back to fish nothing. Lol I had caught a few fish in the fall in that pocket and didn’t see anyone in it so I just pulled us up in there. Didn’t have anything to lose at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 05-02-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 82503)
Sunday was luck. We had nothing and was on our way back to fish nothing. Lol I had caught a few fish in the fall in that pocket and didn’t see anyone in it so I just pulled us up in there. Didn’t have anything to lose at that time.

We will have to disagree. Lol. Eliminating water is a huge part of finding fish and most of the time it's how you find them. Maybe a little luck that you decided on that exact spot but don't sell yourself short. That spot was just the next item on the list.

My friends know I catch a lot of bass and a lot of them struggle. They think I just go out and catch fish all day everyday. That's just not the case. I spend A LOT of time eliminating water. Once I can figure out a pattern then yes it's pretty easy. If I'm really lucky that pattern may hold for a week or a few days. But when that pattern goes away it's back to the drawing board.

Just don't sell yourself short because confidence plays a big part in being successful at catching bass. That tournament win is a perfect opportunity to build confidence going forward. You guys made a good decision and it paid off better than any decision that anyone else made that day.

Congratulations again! You can't win 2 in a row without that first one. Now go get that 2nd win!

luckystratos 05-03-2018 05:05 AM

Confidence is something really hard to come by for me on old hickory. Just never seem to find time to drive on over to priest or the hill. But by dangit if I ever figure the hick out I will call in sick to work and sore mouth every fish in that lake. Lol
Skillet would be good to hear you win 2 in a row. Kick butt this weekend.

agelesssone 05-03-2018 10:40 AM

Skillet, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.
In this case a hog found a fish. Big whoop.
Be like Kevin VanDam and win 24 more.

skillet 05-03-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 82522)
Skillet, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.

In this case a hog found a fish. Big whoop.

Be like Kevin VanDam and win 24 more.

You need to go go to church or just drop to your knees right now, keep your mouth closed though, and pray for forgiveness. Jealousy won’t get you anywhere.

massman 05-11-2018 05:19 PM

i have not been out but from what a certain couple friends are saying they are not using the same tactics as they were last year ,and yes they are not landing the same quality fish.all i can say is dont get frustrated use what you are confident with and always switch up spots with 5-10 cast's then of to next one good luck and good fishing

Halli 05-11-2018 06:31 PM

When he caught the Bigger ones his Alabama hat was at the house.

The Flow dictates where OHL bass are and it has been balls to the wall.
Now the flow has just dropped to two gens running rather than the 3 all month. Things will get better and better.

ntgrat 05-11-2018 07:37 PM

Was participating in a tournament this morning on OHL, out of twenty boats only eight had fish to weigh in. The bass that were caught were in 3 to 5 feet of water, holding tight to cover. Jigs, and soft creature baits seemed to be the trick. We caught 14 bass, out of them only two made weigh in, just under 5 lbs. The winning team had a total 5 fish under 12 lbs.

Best of luck to you all out there on OHL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 05-11-2018 08:37 PM

Tell me about it. I've been practicing for a tournament all week on OH. It's tough. I can't wait til tomorrow is over with and I can get on a different lake.

agelesssone 05-11-2018 08:45 PM

Throwing a cast net for bait today, caught four largemouth over four lbs up shallow near grass.

They're gonna taste good on the grill.

spottedbass 05-11-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntgrat (Post 82682)
Was participating in a tournament this morning on OHL, out of twenty boats only eight had fish to weigh in. The bass that were caught were in 3 to 5 feet of water, holding tight to cover. Jigs, and soft creature baits seemed to be the trick. We caught 14 bass, out of them only two made weigh in, just under 5 lbs. The winning team had a total 5 fish under 12 lbs.

Best of luck to you all out there on OHL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I fished that tournament today too. We weighed a BIG GOOSE EGG. We won it in 2015. I had the big fish in 2014 and 2015. Not squat today.