FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Center Hill- Indian Creek Ramp (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13149)

Ray4713 06-06-2019 06:48 AM

Center Hill- Indian Creek Ramp

With the recent posts regarding safety at some JPP ramps I was wondering if anyone here had ever had any issues at The Indian Creek Ramp on Center Hill? I use that ramp at times and sometimes people without boats can be hanging around there for whatever reason. I haven’t had any issues with vandalism or the like at that ramp but it is secluded and have heard of others having some issues there. Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of problems at that ramp?

Alphahawk 06-06-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4713 (Post 85836)
With the recent posts regarding safety at some JPP ramps I was wondering if anyone here had ever had any issues at The Indian Creek Ramp on Center Hill? I use that ramp at times and sometimes people without boats can be hanging around there for whatever reason. I haven’t had any issues with vandalism or the like at that ramp but it is secluded and have heard of others having some issues there. Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of problems at that ramp?

I wouldn't use it now....back in the 90's it was OK. No way would I launch there now.

Regards

TroutFiend 06-06-2019 09:15 AM

X2.

I used it up until last year.
I mainly fish at night up there, and it’s an uneasy coming off the water and hearing/seeing someone come down that road not pulling a boat.
It was the closest ramp, but the new one going in at the dam will be my new go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 06-06-2019 03:59 PM

I've never used that ramp but have seen plenty of people hanging around there. I almost exclusively use the ramp in Cove Hollow. It's very well lit at night and I've never felt unsafe there. There are people everywhere there during the day and you have to go through a coded locked gate to get in at night. I fish a lot at night there but if you get there before sundown the gate is always open. I'm not sure what time it opens in the morning but if you get there before daylight there is a very good chance it's gonna be closed. I got there early one morning and the gate was closed but I was able to figure out the code pretty quick.

TroutFiend 06-06-2019 07:05 PM

Can you get out of the gate at night without the code if you leave before sunrise?

jaycee 06-06-2019 08:23 PM

Too secluded. I decline and use a different ramp.

Texas_Rig 06-06-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutFiend (Post 85840)
Can you get out of the gate at night without the code if you leave before sunrise?

Yes. The exit gate is always locked but will open 24 hours if you pull up to exit

Flatline 06-06-2019 10:35 PM

Do they charge to launch at Cove Hollow ?

Texas_Rig 06-07-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 85843)
Do they charge to launch at Cove Hollow ?

Yes. $8