FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Sports Lounge - General (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anybody have any interest.... (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12017)

TNBronzeback 04-24-2017 04:29 PM

Anybody have any interest....

In learning sauger/river jigging in the winter months?
I have some gopro footage of my last morning this year and was thinking about making a video on the ins/outs of river jigging in the winter.
The video i have is all catches so it wont have any on the water technique footage but i can do some other garage footage and map pictures and such.
Anybody have any interest in that or would i be wasting my time?
I got the idea from the fishing show this year when i attended the sauger seminar.
Just a thought. Alot of guys seem to have interest in it, but 1) its not a style of fishing for everybody 2) they dont know where to go 3) you generally have to weed through ALOT of shorts to get keeper fish and that just doesnt appeal to some people when it 40 degrees, windy and rainy.
LOL, now i wont divulge my 2 honeyholes, but i can pinpoint other areas that i have caught fish. At various times during the winter.

XxthejuicexX 04-24-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78011)
In learning sauger/river jigging in the winter months?

I have some gopro footage of my last morning this year and was thinking about making a video on the ins/outs of river jigging in the winter.

The video i have is all catches so it wont have any on the water technique footage but i can do some other garage footage and map pictures and such.

Anybody have any interest in that or would i be wasting my time?

I got the idea from the fishing show this year when i attended the sauger seminar.

Just a thought. Alot of guys seem to have interest in it, but 1) its not a style of fishing for everybody 2) they dont know where to go 3) you generally have to weed through ALOT of shorts to get keeper fish and that just doesnt appeal to some people when it 40 degrees, windy and rainy.

LOL, now i wont divulge my 2 honeyholes, but i can pinpoint other areas that i have caught fish. At various times during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 04-24-2017 07:27 PM

I'm all for any help I can get........ like you taking me to the honey holes. :) I really enjoyed the last time even though the conditions were not perfect and it was cold as balls and windy.

TNBronzeback 04-24-2017 08:43 PM

Well if you are looking to top our phenominal Normandy walleye trip my friend, well that just isnt going to happen!
Ive actually been thinking about doing a sauger/jigging video for a few years. Wishing i had footage from that day in the rain/snow/sleet.
Its always fun to look back on videos, laugh at the stupid music i put to it and see just how damn ugly i am from my fishing partners point of view. Lol.
I know the format and setup of how i want to do it.
Luckily i have quite a few months before fall/winter hits to do it.

Halli 04-25-2017 07:35 AM

Yes

I would like to see a Sauger how to!!!

skillet 04-25-2017 01:11 PM

If it's a video of when we went, you better delete it!!! Merv will ruin that video!!!

TNBronzeback 04-25-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78034)
If it's a video of when we went, you better delete it!!! Merv will ruin that video!!!

With the exception of the handsome captain and his glorious vessel, i agree....that video wouldnt be any good. Lol

skillet 04-25-2017 10:50 PM

You must not have any mirrors in your house!!!

wormdunker 04-27-2017 07:34 PM

I would love it. I catch some sauger below Cheatham, but I live right across the street from the Cumberland and can't seem to figure out how to catch them over there, although I have caught a few here and there over the last several years, maybe a limit in 5 years total! Would love a good education on river fishing for sauger.

XxthejuicexX 04-28-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 78038)
With the exception of the handsome captain and his glorious vessel, i agree....that video wouldnt be any good. Lol

If calling you handsome gets me more sauger fishing time I can do that. If you and your vessel ever want to waist more time on Normandy for walleye I've got new "proven" spots to try. Got them from a customer of mine that walleye fishes Normandy all the time.

skillet 04-28-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78063)
If calling you handsome gets me more sauger fishing time I can do that. If you and your vessel ever want to waist more time on Normandy for walleye I've got new "proven" spots to try. Got them from a customer of mine that walleye fishes Normandy all the time.

I'd like join in on this adventure. I can lie to you too John!!! 😂😂

XxthejuicexX 04-28-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78064)
I'd like join in on this adventure. I can lie to you too John!!! 😂😂

I mean everything from the bottom of my heart, No lies here.

skillet 04-30-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 78071)
I mean everything from the bottom of my heart, No lies here.

Now you're just ass kissing. You have something on your nose!!

XxthejuicexX 04-30-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillet (Post 78082)
Now you're just ass kissing. You have something on your nose!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1d41d286d8.jpg

You might not need how to videos when it comes to fishing :)

TNBronzeback 04-30-2017 09:24 PM

Lmao!!!!
I do have mirrors!
My momma says im handsome! lol