FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Small craft bass tournaments? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12418)

Pinwheeled 01-27-2018 09:23 PM

Small craft bass tournaments?

Would anyone be interested in something like this around Nashville and surrounding area? I'm thinking maybe a 60hp max? I don't have anything in the works just trying to gauge interest a bit. This type of tournament was the norm where I am from in central IL. The most competitive circuit around was the IL Bass25 (25hp max). I know of a few tournaments of this nature in East TN as well.

I love to bass fish and love fishing the occasional tournament. I just really don't care to own a large bass boat and it's tough to be competitive in a small boat (I fish out of a 14ft aluminum). I have fished a few kayak tournaments but it's just not for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this same boat. Would anyone be interested in this sort of format? Appreciate any input yall might have.

Schleprock 01-28-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinwheeled (Post 80787)
Would anyone be interested in something like this around Nashville and surrounding area? I'm thinking maybe a 60hp max? I don't have anything in the works just trying to gauge interest a bit. This type of tournament was the norm where I am from in central IL. The most competitive circuit around was the IL Bass25 (25hp max). I know of a few tournaments of this nature in East TN as well.

I love to bass fish and love fishing the occasional tournament. I just really don't care to own a large bass boat and it's tough to be competitive in a small boat (I fish out of a 14ft aluminum). I have fished a few kayak tournaments but it's just not for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this same boat. Would anyone be interested in this sort of format? Appreciate any input yall might have.

How about a no electronics tournament? with the new panoptics and other high tech electronics it really puts the average fisherman at a disadvantage , fish with only your god given abilities

Malcavilli 01-28-2018 08:59 AM

I would be interested in this.

XxthejuicexX 01-29-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 80792)
How about a no electronics tournament? with the new panoptics and other high tech electronics it really puts the average fisherman at a disadvantage , fish with only your god given abilities

This could be interesting.

vondonlee 01-30-2018 05:09 PM

Small craft bass tournament

I would be interested in this as well. I fish out of a 16' aluminum boat with a 35hp motor.

TNBronzeback 01-30-2018 11:41 PM

Im no bass guy but i could be interested in something like this. Ive got a 70hp though....but i really like the concept of the rules.

TNBronzeback 01-30-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 80818)
This could be interesting.

Lmao.....i cant catch fish with what ive got now.....dont take all my toys away! Lol
I might as well show up at the ramp, throw my entry fee in amd just drive back home. Lol

Better yet....kiddy fishing rods only tournament.
Spiderman, barbie, power rangers or my personal favorite.....sponge bob.
No high end, super fast cranking reels and pretty rods....just a $20 kids combo from walmart. Lol.
Lets make THAT happen!

tkwalker 01-31-2018 01:01 AM

Mmmmm... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinwheeled (Post 80787)

Pinwheeled, I like your concept ... I hope it generates a lot of interest that leads to an actual following ... Guys I know there is a lot of commendatory and inside ribbing ... But for some it is off subject and not contributing to the thread ... <'TK>< :)

XxthejuicexX 01-31-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 80836)
Lmao.....i cant catch fish with what ive got now.....dont take all my toys away! Lol
I might as well show up at the ramp, throw my entry fee in amd just drive back home. Lol

Better yet....kiddy fishing rods only tournament.
Spiderman, barbie, power rangers or my personal favorite.....sponge bob.
No high end, super fast cranking reels and pretty rods....just a $20 kids combo from walmart. Lol.
Lets make THAT happen!

I actually picked up a kiddy rod to fish with last year. A few of my friends talked about having a kayak tournament and just using those rods, line of your choice.

XxthejuicexX 01-31-2018 03:18 PM

I don't have a small engine craft but I have a friend who does and I would be game on something like this. Maybe combine the small engine and no electronics idea.

skillet 01-31-2018 10:58 PM

I’m game!!! 16’ bass boat with a 90hp on it. If that engine is too big, I’ll leave the key in the truck and use trolling motor only!!!! And KID RODS FTW!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schleprock 02-01-2018 08:32 AM

If this happens I hope its somewhere in between Crossville and Nashville lol

XxthejuicexX 02-01-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 80850)
If this happens I hope its somewhere in between Crossville and Nashville lol

If that happens, I'm out.

:)

Schleprock 02-01-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 80851)
If that happens, I'm out.

:)

Come on man

luckystratos 02-02-2018 07:57 AM

Big boats

Hey guys,I would love to come fish a tourney. However I would have to be like Skillet and leave keys in truck. No problem maybe I could catch a few with a Snoppy rod. That big motor sure doesn't put-fish in my boat.
Personally I think if you would keep entry few low,as in just a fun tournament,guy with big motors would be stupid to run all over the place for nothing.