FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Striper Tournament on Saturday - Killing fish (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12586)

aero320 04-09-2018 09:33 AM

Striper Tournament on Saturday - Killing fish

There is a Striper tournament on Tims Ford on Saturday and it is my understanding that they will be taking the fish back to the dock to weigh (which will likely kill all of the fish). This seems odd when most Striper tournaments now use a system that returns the fish to water immediately to protect the resource. The guys at Striper Mafia even have a measuring stick that they use for tournaments; some tournaments use the Striper tubes. This tournament is being held by the local Striper/Hybrid club. This is a good way to destroy a very good fishery here in middle Tennessee.

tkwalker 04-09-2018 12:03 PM

Striper Tourney <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero320 (Post 82117)
There is a Striper tournament on Tims Ford on Saturday and it is my understanding that they will be taking the fish back to the dock to weigh (which will likely kill all of the fish). This seems odd when most Striper tournaments now use a system that returns the fish to water immediately to protect the resource. The guys at Striper Mafia even have a measuring stick that they use for tournaments; some tournaments use the Striper tubes. This tournament is being held by the local Striper/Hybrid club. This is a good way to destroy a very good fishery here in middle Tennessee.

Aero, can you contact someone and get the particulars and rules for the Tourney .. <'TK><

Heiny57 04-09-2018 12:40 PM

Yeah the fish will be dead. Hopefully they are not good at catching.

aero320 04-09-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 82121)
Aero, can you contact someone and get the particulars and rules for the Tourney .. <'TK><

Herbert's tourney Tim's Ford april 14 2018 Start from ramp 5:45 weigh in 3:00 Holiday Landings club rules apply except no guests .All entrants must join club at weigh in .Must tell a club member they are fishing before 545 am Saturday morning.Tournament committee ruling will be final on any grievance.

aero320 04-10-2018 09:29 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...422df76f8c.jpg

Hope these fish have sore mouths on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joshthebadbear 04-13-2018 02:14 PM

Hopefully . . .

The weather for it will suck. What do they mean no guest? only one guy in the boat? Has this guy held a tx before? You'd think he'd know better.

XxthejuicexX 04-13-2018 07:36 PM

Is there a fish fry at the ramp?

Flatline 04-16-2018 12:18 AM

I was going to say, if these fish will ne dead, then why not clean them and hold a fish fry and donate proceeds to charity ?

agelesssone 04-16-2018 06:53 AM

We, aero and Merv Johnson, AKA agelesssone, kept our fish in a 50 gallon live well with aeration until weigh in.
Both fish that we weighed in swam away from the dock with no reviving being necessary.
The third fish we caught was weighed at capture, found to be lighter than the other two and was released immediately.
Our 13 lbs was good enough for 2nd place and $1000.00.
Not bad for $40 entry fee.

spottedbass 04-16-2018 08:10 AM

Nice job!!

skillet 04-16-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 82220)
We, aero and Merv Johnson, AKA agelesssone, kept our fish in a 50 gallon live well with aeration until weigh in.

Both fish that we weighed in swam away from the dock with no reviving being necessary.

The third fish we caught was weighed at capture, found to be lighter than the other two and was released immediately.

Our 13 lbs was good enough for 2nd place and $1000.00.

Not bad for $40 entry fee.

There you go!!!! Good job guys!!! Also kudos for not killing your fish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota 04-16-2018 09:55 AM

Nice job fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX 04-16-2018 10:03 AM

Nice job guys. Decent payday for you.