FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Gear (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need Help Finding Batteries! (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12887)

Adrian 09-15-2018 02:26 AM

Need Help Finding Batteries!

I'm having a Hell of a time trying to find Maintenance free Deep cycle batteries in town. I've had AC Delco Voyagers in there for 6 years and they are finally giving up. I'm looking for 2 maintenance free Group 29 or 31 Non-AGM batteries. Any suggestions?

tkwalker 09-15-2018 10:54 AM

Batteries.. <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 84056)
I'm having a Hell of a time trying to find Maintenance free Deep cycle batteries in town. I've had AC Delco Voyagers in there for 6 years and they are finally giving up. I'm looking for 2 maintenance free Group 29 or 31 Non-AGM batteries. Any suggestions?

Adrian, Go to the top right corner of any page on this site and you will see Google Search .. Select FishingTN.com and all of the discussions on this subject will pop up from past post ... Just type in Batteries .... <'TK><:)

Adrian 09-15-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 84057)
Adrian, Go to the top right corner of any page on this site and you will see Google Search .. Select FishingTN.com and all of the discussions on this subject will pop up from past post ... Just type in Batteries .... <'TK><:)

I did that, it's only populating with Old Posts from 3-5 years ago. As I understand, Maintenance free batteries are getting hard to find now. So maybe someone who's bought one recently will chime in.

Buccaneer 09-15-2018 12:47 PM

Sams Club Duracell series 29 or 31. Have had mine 2 years and love them. Get on Bass Boat Central and search for posts/comments on Duracell. http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128

bfish 09-15-2018 04:20 PM

I could be mistaken, but I think the new buzzword is sealed vs maintenance free.

Adrian 09-15-2018 04:41 PM

I have NEVER had this much problem finding batteries in Nashville!

Buccaneer 09-15-2018 07:02 PM

Batteries + sells the Duracell AGM deep cycles also.

luckystratos 09-16-2018 12:15 AM

Adrian,I am not sure if they have what u need but you might call interstate battery distributor in Lebanon.They are on highway 109 just before highway 70.
615-449-2555
I have had good luck with interstate over the years but last ones i bought came from Wally World. Dang things are getting expensive like everything else. Lot folks on BBC are getting batteries from sams.

tkwalker 09-16-2018 01:00 AM

Batteries... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystratos (Post 84068)
Adrian,I am not sure if they have what u need but you might call interstate battery distributor in Lebanon.They are on highway 109 just before highway 70.
615-449-2555
I have had good luck with interstate over the years but last ones i bought came from Wally World. Dang things are getting expensive like everything else. Lot folks on BBC are getting batteries from sams.

I think I have stated this before ... When I was guiding I was sponsored by a couple of Battery Manufactures... But to be honest the best batteries I have used was the Walmart Batteries which are made by Johnson Controls.

I really don't know what Sam's Sells ... But I can't believe it would be somebody other than Johnson Controls ... By the way one of my sponsors was Interstate ... <'TK>< ;)

Adrian 09-16-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 84069)
I think I have stated this before ... When I was guiding I was sponsored by a couple of Battery Manufactures... But to be honest the best batteries I have used was the Walmart Batteries which are made by Johnson Controls.

I really don't know what Sam's Sells ... But I can't believe it would be somebody other than Johnson Controls ... By the way one of my sponsors was Interstate ... <'TK>< ;)

That's the thing. Every shelf is empty, the website says unavailable. Like I said, I've NEVER had this much trouble trying to get back on the water!

SalmonDaze 11-03-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystratos (Post 84068)
615-449-2555

Another vote for Interstate.

TroutFiend 11-29-2018 07:37 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0cdff276f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TroutFiend 11-29-2018 07:37 PM

Is this the type battery you guys are referring too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk