FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Center Hill 11/30 (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=12335)

Texas_Rig 11-30-2017 08:39 PM

Center Hill 11/30

3 Attachment(s)
Went to the Hill today. I had a buddy go a couple days ago and they caught some nice fish. He told me what to do and what to look for. I started near the dam and caught 3 or 4 smallmouth and a couple spotted bass first thing. I then decided to head to a creek based on my friends advise. Well I spent the next 5 hours in Indian Creek and got one bite. I was discouraged. I was running back to the ramp to leave and I decided to stop on a main lake bluff wall and parallel it with a spinnerbait. That was a good decision. I ended up catching a bunch of fish and ended up with a respectable limit. A spinnerbait is a big confidence lure for me. It wasn't spinnerbait conditions really but it worked. No wind and the water was very clear.

agelesssone 11-30-2017 10:10 PM

Awesome!
Ya just never know unless you try that one last spot/technique.
Glad you got on some.

Texas_Rig 12-01-2017 02:03 PM

Thx Merv

skillet 12-01-2017 03:38 PM

Very nice!! I never would’ve touched a spinnerbaitif the wind wasn’t blowing. Good call!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

commdd 12-01-2017 09:51 PM

nice fish, good report

YETI-14 12-02-2017 01:56 AM

Nice fish!

SAMBOLIE 12-02-2017 07:17 AM

Nice!!

Texas_Rig 12-02-2017 01:47 PM

Thx guys. It just goes to show you that just because your not catching them doesn't mean they are not biting. I had already fished very similar areas with very little success. A change in bait and presentation made all the difference in a bad day vs a good day.

Schleprock 12-02-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 80099)
Went to the Hill today. I had a buddy go a couple days ago and they caught some nice fish. He told me what to do and what to look for. I started near the dam and caught 3 or 4 smallmouth and a couple spotted bass first thing. I then decided to head to a creek based on my friends advise. Well I spent the next 5 hours in Indian Creek and got one bite. I was discouraged. I was running back to the ramp to leave and I decided to stop on a main lake bluff wall and parallel it with a spinnerbait. That was a good decision. I ended up catching a bunch of fish and ended up with a respectable limit. A spinnerbait is a big confidence lure for me. It wasn't spinnerbait conditions really but it worked. No wind and the water was very clear.

Nice catch, heard spinner baits were the thing to use right now on CH, looks like that is correct, thinking of heading down in the morning

Texas_Rig 12-02-2017 06:55 PM

Good luck to you. I only saw one other boat the whole day. Not much pressure out there

Heiny57 12-02-2017 07:38 PM

Looks like a good day!!!

Schleprock 12-04-2017 08:29 AM

https://i.imgur.com/QixTnji.jpg

Fished Center Hill for about 4 hours, was tough, water was like a sheet of glass, water temp around 57, several boats we talked to weren't doing any good either, thought we were going to get shut out but salvaged a smallie before we left

pitbull 12-04-2017 09:34 AM

You should've fished the tournament Saturday, It's a 3 fish limit deal, took a little over 10lbs to win, 4.77 big fish.

Joshthebadbear 12-05-2017 03:01 PM

Great Job !

We were there about 4 weeks ago and ran into same deal. Went out of Ragland and mustered only a few fish, small ones. Ran all the way up to Rock Island ramp and caught a few more little ones. On the way back down lake stopped to hit some main lake points with deep coves. All of a sudden they jumped all over jerk baits (deeper diving). We didn't have any bigguns but had lots in the one and half to two pound range. Salvaged the day with lots of action. Dont know the lake that well but sure is beautiful. .