FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tough Tough Tough (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13209)

Texas_Rig 08-18-2019 08:29 PM

Tough Tough Tough

That's all I've got to say. I've fished a few lakes over the last month and that's my report. It's been tough

Schleprock 08-18-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86240)
That's all I've got to say. I've fished a few lakes over the last month and that's my report. It's been tough

I was having a tough time then we went to Melton Hill 4 times in the past 2 weeks , not sure why its been more productive than CH and Watts bar except we are able to find a lot baitfish schooling at the surface but we caught 60+ the week before last , yesterday I took my grandson and son in law and we got 39 and my buddy and I got 21 today, we aren't getting any monsters but catching a lot of 15-18" bass and hybrids from 1-3 lbs

And almost got my Personal Best Blue Heron when it picked up my whopper plopper lol

Flatline 08-19-2019 09:56 AM

I went to CH last Thurs and couldn't get a bite to save my life... Then again I never have had any success at the Edgar Evans end of the lake.

Last time I caught a feathered flying fish was in Fla. You know seagulls put up a pretty good fight :p

jaybird 08-19-2019 10:41 AM

Good to know I haven't missed anything this summer. I haven't been out all summer because we bought and sold a house. Getting back out real soon though

Texas_Rig 08-19-2019 01:29 PM

I've actually played as much golf over the last 3 weeks as I have been fishing. The only lake that I've had any success on has been Dale Hollow. The bites are hard to come by but the quality has been good

Schleprock 08-19-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86248)
I've actually played as much golf over the last 3 weeks as I have been fishing. The only lake that I've had any success on has been Dale Hollow. The bites are hard to come by but the quality has been good

You fish at night, that's the only way you can fish that mad house this time of the year

Texas_Rig 08-19-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 86249)
You fish at night, that's the only way you can fish that mad house this time of the year

Yes I do and you are right. That lake gets more pleasure boats than Priest or OH.

Texas_Rig 08-19-2019 08:14 PM

I had a couple hours free this afternoon and I decided to go to Old Hickory for a change. I have sworn the lake off but I've heard from a few buddies that the bite has been pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. The flipping bite is pretty good. I had 4 keepers in about 3 hours and a few short fish as well. It felt good to put a flipping stick in my hand. I haven't done that in a while and I miss it. There's not much of a flipping bite on the lakes I usually fish so it was a good change of scenery. I put in at Cairo and went up river and started in Barton's Creek and just worked my way further up from there. I was targeting wood and rock in the shade on deeper banks with a creature bait. I caught a couple on a buzzbait and had a couple short strikes on a buzzbait and a frog. I was using the buzzbait along bluff walls when there wasn't anything obvious to flip at. If I had caught everything that bit then I would have had a really good day. Either way it was fun to flip a few up

Flatline 08-19-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86251)
I had a couple hours free this afternoon and I decided to go to Old Hickory for a change. I have sworn the lake off but I've heard from a few buddies that the bite has been pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. The flipping bite is pretty good. I had 4 keepers in about 3 hours and a few short fish as well. It felt good to put a flipping stick in my hand. I haven't done that in a while and I miss it. There's not much of a flipping bite on the lakes I usually fish so it was a good change of scenery. I put in at Cairo and went up river and started in Barton's Creek and just worked my way further up from there. I was targeting wood and rock in the shade on deeper banks with a creature bait. I caught a couple on a buzzbait and had a couple short strikes on a buzzbait and a frog. I was using the buzzbait along bluff walls when there wasn't anything obvious to flip at. If I had caught everything that bit then I would have had a really good day. Either way it was fun to flip a few up

I've been learning how to flip now that I've learned to cast a BC... Even can cast the line off the spool without a backlash, but all with a practicing plug. :D

Adrian 08-20-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86251)

I was going to suggest going up river. The bite is hot up there. Lots of short strikes and missed fish, but sill, very exciting to be getting bites!

Texas_Rig 08-20-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 86255)
I was going to suggest going up river. The bite is hot up there. Lots of short strikes and missed fish, but sill, very exciting to be getting bites!

Yea it was a blast. It was 100• in the shade but I had as much fun fishing as I have in a while. I needed that. Most of the time I'm in a buddy tournament or practicing for one. It was fun to fish care free and stress free