FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Memories ... <'TK>< (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=9447)

tkwalker 09-16-2014 01:07 AM

Memories ... <'TK><

3 Attachment(s)
I just ran across three of my guide boat pic's that I sold in 2007 .. At the time I thought it was a good idea ... but now I don't know .... <'TK>< :(

TNtroller 09-16-2014 05:12 AM

Hind sight is always 20/20 ain't it. Nice boat.

Alphahawk 09-16-2014 06:06 AM

Good looking boat TK.

Regards

FloatNFish 09-16-2014 07:39 AM

Good looking boat, TK! If I remember correctly you have a pretty sweet Alumacraft rig these days to make up for it.

Alex

ttitan27 09-16-2014 08:02 AM

Wow, incredible setup. That's a lot of money in that rig. Is it still local? It looks like one I saw a few years ago on the cumberland near Cordell Hull dam.

tcintn 09-16-2014 08:44 AM

That is a sweet ride.
I see you had a 9.9 spare.Did you ever use it?
My wife's uncle has a 9.9 spare and it has never been used in 5 years.

aero320 09-16-2014 09:11 AM

TK, how did the setup work with the kicker. I have been thinking about adding one because I troll so much. I have a 22 foot Triton CC that is similar but have not figured out how to mount the engine out of the way.

SaltySportsmanTV 09-16-2014 12:00 PM

Nice Vessel

Nice setup there TK, being on my center console w ttop vessel reminded you of yours I see....

tkwalker 09-16-2014 10:44 PM

Yep ... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloatNFish (Post 56872)
Good looking boat, TK! If I remember correctly you have a pretty sweet Alumacraft rig these days to make up for it.

Alex

Thanks for the comment ... bad thing is it hasn't been in the water since Feb, 2014... Only used my Bird 998 once ... Hopefully the medical issues will let me return to the water next year ... <'TK><

tkwalker 09-16-2014 10:45 PM

Yes .... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttitan27 (Post 56874)
Wow, incredible setup. That's a lot of money in that rig. Is it still local? It looks like one I saw a few years ago on the cumberland near Cordell Hull dam.

Could be .... <'TK>< :)

tkwalker 09-16-2014 10:48 PM

Lol !! ... <'tk><

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcintn (Post 56875)
That is a sweet ride.
I see you had a 9.9 spare.Did you ever use it?
My wife's uncle has a 9.9 spare and it has never been used in 5 years.

TC, I can tell you are a Trout guy ... Now trust me this was not used as a spare, it was used every time I hit the water with a guide party .... <'TK>< :)

tkwalker 09-16-2014 11:34 PM

Kicker ... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero320 (Post 56879)
TK, how did the setup work with the kicker. I have been thinking about adding one because I troll so much. I have a 22 foot Triton CC that is similar but have not figured out how to mount the engine out of the way.

Aero, I used the kicker in large creeks with bay areas on the Cumberland river chain ... I ran 3 boards off each side and a free line off the middle ... It is useless in a river environment ... But for a lake environment it would be perfect for you ... I will tell you about my set up take what info you need ...

A 9.9 .. 4 stroke Merc. ( FYI, Tohatsu/Nissan makes all 4 strokes up to 40 HP for Merc, 4 stroke 50 HP and above are all Yamahas) This model was a remote long 20 inch shaft, no tiller, elect start. Mounted on a Outboard Mtr Bracket that lowers/raises ... The remote controls were mounted on the right side gunnel even with the center consol. Steering was performed via a quick coupling link between the main motor and the kicker (EZ steer won't work) ... I did all the installations and modifications ...

It was sweet ... Now something to consider ... My guide boat was a Bay Boat ... 25 inch transom, big block 3 liter Blue water merc 25 inch shaft.. It stands 6 feet tall) 60 Gallons of fuel, two live wells total 50 gallons of H2O ... 5 batteries ... Plus tackle and accessories plus people ...

When I added the 124 pound kicker plus the 35 pound motor mount and where it was located. It created an unusual over center power shift from center line of the drive shaft of the main motor. See last Pic...

In another words ... Before I had no problem with hole shots and putting her on plane and trimming to 47 MPH ... All that changed because I had 150 Plus pounds behind the main drive line of the big motor ... Answer was to add trim tabs ... That solved the problem ... Trim down motor and tab come to 4000 RPM ...She popped to the top raised the tabs and trimmed motor at the same time ...Business as usual ...

Now this application may not even enter the pic with your situation, boat, total weight etc ... But I had over 1000 pounds not counting people at the rear of my boat... Motors, live well and 2 batteries ... Hope this helps ... any questions give me a call .... <'TK>< :)

tkwalker 09-16-2014 11:38 PM

Yep ... <'TK><

Quote:

Originally Posted by >BLUEWATERSPORTSMAN> (Post 56883)
Nice setup there TK, being on my center console w ttop vessel reminded you of yours I see....

Jonathan, yes it reminded me of my boat ... But not for the same reasons ... <'TK>< :)

SalmonDaze 09-17-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 56897)
Answer was to add trim tabs

This is the answer to many, MANY boat control questions. On my sportfisher, I use tabs more to STEER than to control lift, but with a true deep V there are many differences in the running surfaces.

I've had tabs or added tabs to every boat I've owned, down to 14'. It's like power steering . . . once you have it, you wonder how you ever did without it.

Reel Tune 09-17-2014 09:11 AM

Great looking boat TK, very functional.