FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If you had a choice (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13130)

Flatline 05-21-2019 09:19 PM

If you had a choice

If you had a choose only 2 between all your lures to use all day...

What 2 would you pick and use ?

skillet 05-21-2019 09:37 PM

Jig and a worm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig 05-21-2019 11:48 PM

Texas rigged menace and a jig

Buzzy15 05-22-2019 05:41 AM

Rattle trap

snowman 05-22-2019 07:34 AM

Frog and a worm or lizard

XxthejuicexX 05-22-2019 09:25 AM

Football jig and medium diving crankbait.

Adrian 05-22-2019 10:52 AM

Spinner Bait & Green Pumpkin Shaky Head worm.

ttitan27 05-22-2019 01:52 PM

A cricket and a yellow tail shad

Heiny57 05-22-2019 03:26 PM

Generator and dynamite.

notorious 05-22-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heiny57 (Post 85705)
Generator and dynamite.

LOL, and a 12 gauge...But, prolly against all form...3" grub and a worm on 8lb spinny cast will catch everything that swims....so a jig and a slider worm.

Schleprock 05-23-2019 09:01 PM

3.3" keitech fat swing impact pumkin fire on a #1 owner flashy swimmer and a ned rig

ddyyak 05-23-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 85691)
Texas rigged menace and a jig

I would have bet my boat you would have said buzz bait...

Texas_Rig 05-24-2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddyyak (Post 85718)
I would have bet my boat you would have said buzz bait...

Lol it is my favorite thing to throw. But "all day" is what kept me from picking it. For the most part you've got to have low light. I'll throw it all day long if it's cloudy or if I'm running shade. But the fish almost have to be shallow for it to work. I can get away with it during a sunny day a lot more on a lake like Old Hickory. It was a very broad question so I had to go with what I chose. I can cover every inch of the water column with a jig and a texas rigged menace in my opinion is the easiest bait to get bit on.

Flatline 05-24-2019 08:50 AM

Maybe I could have said three, then again I could have asked what is your #1 go to confidence lure too.

As I heard one honest sponsored bass tourn pro state... Lures are designed to catch the fisherman

I guess that is why we have boxes and boxes of crankbaits and worms that look cool, but if truth be told you never caught a single fish with them. I have this particular deep diver that you would think could attract half the species of fish in any given lake, yet I've yet to catch a single fish with it.

The latest rage is chatter bait and I bought a black and a white a couple weeks ago. I finally got to throw it the other day and I have to admit I really like its side to side action but I can't help but to wonder am I the fish ?

So before I find myself spending hundreds of dollars on useless tackle that would look better hanging on a christmas tree than at the end of a line, I'm seeing what really is working for other guys.

Texas_Rig 05-24-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 85721)
Maybe I could have said three, then again I could have asked what is your #1 go to confidence lure too.

As I heard one honest sponsored bass tourn pro state... Lures are designed to catch the fisherman

I guess that is why we have boxes and boxes of crankbaits and worms that look cool, but if truth be told you never caught a single fish with them. I have this particular deep diver that you would think could attract half the species of fish in any given lake, yet I've yet to catch a single fish with it.

The latest rage is chatter bait and I bought a black and a white a couple weeks ago. I finally got to throw it the other day and I have to admit I really like its side to side action but I can't help but to wonder am I the fish ?

So before I find myself spending hundreds of dollars on useless tackle that would look better hanging on a christmas tree than at the end of a line, I'm seeing what really is working for other guys.

There is a lot of truth in your statements. Speaking of cranking; my goal this summer is to be a better deep crankbait fisherman. I don't do it much but I'm gonna make a point of getting good at it this summer.