FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dale Hollow 2/12/20 (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13407)

tylerreid1234 02-13-2020 09:35 PM

Dale Hollow 2/12/20

2 Attachment(s)
I got POURED on but it was worth it, i caught 3 fish off of the same point all at different times... crazy, 5-10 FOW all caught on 3" baits. Don't let these fish I posted fool you, I've been putting in A LOT of time on this lake and I'm just now getting to the point where I'm getting a 20" smallmouth every time I go out there. Yall go check out the YouTube video if you have time!

https://youtu.be/qzTpSRKRVRI

Schleprock 02-13-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 (Post 87316)
I got POURED on but it was worth it, i caught 3 fish off of the same point all at different times... crazy, 5-10 FOW all caught on 3" baits. Don't let these fish I posted fool you, I've been putting in A LOT of time on this lake and I'm just now getting to the point where I'm getting a 20" smallmouth every time I go out there. Yall go check out the YouTube video if you have time!

Nice fish, can't believe you let a little rain run you off when they were biting though lol

BTW I almost have the exact same boat except I have the Heritage

tylerreid1234 02-13-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 87319)
Nice fish, can't believe you let a little rain run you off when they were biting though lol

BTW I almost have the exact same boat except I have the Heritage

I had to work at 3, lol I would've stayed all day! I noticed that in one of your posts... I love mine, it's perfect for what I do. I fish by myself most of the time.

Schleprock 02-13-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 (Post 87320)
I had to work at 3, lol I would've stayed all day! I noticed that in one of your posts... I love mine, it's perfect for what I do. I fish by myself most of the time.

I have several buddies I fish with but I find these boats are perfect for fishing by yourself, easy to get in and out of the water and much easier to move around the boat by yourself , some lakes like DH and CH we will take their boat but these trackers are really great at fishing shallow areas and grass at Chickamauga , we can get them in areas that fiberglass boats can't

Texas_Rig 02-13-2020 11:04 PM

Nice fish. I know those big smallmouth are a handful with the stuff you catch them on. I throw big line and big rods. I caught a couple on a jerkbait the other day. I use a light rod with 10lb line and they were handful. I’m used to boat flipping everything unless it’s like 7lbs or something

tylerreid1234 02-14-2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 87323)
Nice fish. I know those big smallmouth are a handful with the stuff you catch them on. I throw big line and big rods. I caught a couple on a jerkbait the other day. I use a light rod with 10lb line and they were handful. I’m used to boat flipping everything unless it’s like 7lbs or something

Yeah I like to hear that drag scream... my favorite setup is my 7' Medium Light, 10lb braid 7lb fluoro leader but I do on occasion use a 15lb braid lol

Texas_Rig 02-14-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 (Post 87324)
Yeah I like to hear that drag scream... my favorite setup is my 7' Medium Light, 10lb braid 7lb fluoro leader but I do on occasion use a 15lb braid lol

Lol. I rarely throw less than 15lb line. Only exceptions being jerkbait and deepcranking. And maybe 25 casts a year with a spinning rod.

Schleprock 02-14-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 87323)

Up until last year I mainly used spinning gear, I now find myself forcing a spinning rod on my boat in case it gets tough and I need to throw a ned rig

once you start using casting gear it changes you man lol

Flatline 02-14-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 (Post 87316)

Thank you for your video... Watching you fish has shown me what I have been doing wrong or at least a different way to fish. Tight lines...

I too have a tracker, but mine is a pro team 175 TXW. I notice you weren't using your depth finder... is it because you find that its not really all that useful ?

tylerreid1234 02-14-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 87327)
Thank you for your video... Watching you fish has shown me what I have been doing wrong or at least a different way to fish. Tight lines...

I too have a tracker, but mine is a pro team 175 TXW. I notice you weren't using your depth finder... is it because you find that its not really all that useful ?

My depthfinder doesn't have a lake map on it, it's just sonar... I usually use it for water temp and then I use the navionics web app to find what I'm going to fish.

Joshv1205 02-15-2020 03:58 PM

I have never fished for smallmouth and want to try it out. Any suggestions on a good boat ramp to start at, and what patterns I should be fishing this time of year? Any help is appreciated, great fish man.

pitbull 02-17-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 87325)
Lol. I rarely throw less than 15lb line. Only exceptions being jerkbait and deepcranking. And maybe 25 casts a year with a spinning rod.

We must be kin folk....... LOL