FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blast from the past (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13247)

Texas_Rig 09-21-2019 06:32 PM

Blast from the past

2 Attachment(s)
My cousin sent me a couple of pictures from when I was a kid. My family had/has a couple lots on the TN River in Lobelville. I loved fishing as a kid. Now all I do is bass fish for the most part but as a kid it was all catfish. I spent every summer and Xmas break on that river chasing catfish. Anyways, I'm the kid with the snoopy pole in the second picture.

Flatline 09-21-2019 08:46 PM

When times were simpler

Texas_Rig 09-21-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 86502)
When times were simpler

That is so true. I often think about all the time I spent on that river back then. I stopped going a lot around the time I got my drivers license. But it was a different time back then and I'm only 37 years old now. I was allowed so much freedom and responsibility at a young age. When I was probably 10 years old I was allowed to take the boat out by myself using only the trolling motor and I had to stay inside our small creek. The creek was small enough that I could be seen from camp anywhere I went for the most part. At the same age I was also allowed to take my hunting rifle and walk by myself about a 1/4 mile to my tree stand and deer hunt alone. I was mature enough at a young age that my parents knew I wouldn't do anything stupid or dangerous. Those things don't happen in today's society and are probably illegal. The only thing I did that my parents didn't know about and wouldn't approve of is I had a couple Playboy magazines stashed in my tree stand. Lol, my dad always wondered why I hunted so much even though I didn't see many deer. :D

Buzzy15 09-21-2019 10:23 PM

Hahaha you quality reading in eh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE 09-22-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86504)
I was mature enough at a young age that my parents knew I wouldn't do anything stupid or dangerous. Those things don't happen in today's society and are probably illegal. The only thing I did that my parents didn't know about and wouldn't approve of is I had a couple Playboy magazines stashed in my tree stand. Lol, my dad always wondered why I hunted so much even though I didn't see many deer. :D

I'll bet you had a strong grip for your age. :)

Texas_Rig 09-22-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE (Post 86508)
I'll bet you had a strong grip for your age. :)

Lol. Popeye forearms

buickfan70 09-23-2019 01:54 PM

Did you catch that big catfish on that little rod and reel?

Texas_Rig 09-23-2019 08:58 PM

Lol. No. I wanted to play a joke on my mother. I caught it on a zebco 33.

buickfan70 09-25-2019 09:39 AM

Lol, but even on the ole Zebco 33 it is still impressive.:D